I hate my job. . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biermann

Reinvented Biermann
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the rant. . .but . . .

I currently have an administrative position. I am over 3000 providers and 82 agencies.

I am currently on the $#it list of our biggest agency (50% of our system), and my BOSS is on the payroll of that agency.

By law, I am over my boss, but in reality I'm not. (its complicated).

Needless to say, I'm drinking more. I think my job is secure, I just don't have the power I need.

so, I'm opening this thread to let all of you vent on your own job and their unintended consequences on your lives. . .

Lord knows, I have a few . . .

:drunk:

I "did" hate my job. Key word is did . But now im jobless and racking up more debt. But hey thats whats college is for.:eek: Im just glad that all I have is a year until i can be in a job, I already know I will enjoy. :ban:

I work in a field that is getting more and more crowded everyday. I work construction and more and more illegals come over the border and are snuffing out us Americans. They drive down the wages. They are turning all the job sites into bilingual jobs.

I joined the union thinking that they would offer some degree of protection... Turns out they are just fueling the fire. They accept everyone that fills out an application. They don't do background checks or anything of the like. They turn a blind eye to the problem. Because they make money off of every due-paying member. Money governs everything.

It would seem that nothing is sacred anymore, if the price is right.

:mad:

I'm just faced with a huge conflict of interest with my boss. . .

I'm hoping to stay the course. . . but it makes my life miserable in the meantime. .

the problem is my health is suffering from it.

Get another job. Life too short.
Look at it this way : If you were sitting down at home and the chair was unconfortable, then you would get up off the chair and go and sit on another.
GET OFF YER BUT AND GET ANOTHER JOB!!!

...oh and have a HB :)

I'd tell you to look for a different job, but based on all the brew bling you've got, I'd say it pays the bills and with plenty left over. It's hard to walk away from something like that.

I'm active duty AF, so if I get stuck in a crappy job, the good thing is I know it'll change before long. ;) I'm going to grad school again right now (thanks for your taxes that pay my salary + school expenses!) I don't have a single complaint. :D

dibby33 said:
Get another job. Life too short.
Look at it this way : If you were sitting down at home and the chair was unconfortable, then you would get up off the chair and go and sit on another.
GET OFF YER BUT AND GET ANOTHER JOB!!!

...oh and have a HB :)

I wish it were that easy.

I made a pledge to my people. . .they have echoed that they would revolt if I leave. I guess I'll stay.

If I'm fired, I'll leave. Otherwise, I'll stay and become extremely passive aggressive. :D

It sounds like there's a good ol' "Come to Jesus" meeting you got brewing there Bier. You gotta figure out exactly who and what you are responsible to. And if that's not satisfactory to you (because trust me, and I know you know this as well, your physical and mental well-being for you AND your family are far more important than any paycheck.) then it MIGHT be time for a change. Talk to some folks, get some additional input if possible...

I walked out of a job 3 years ago (with a new 1 month old at home mind you) that I just couldn't take anymore. I landed on my feet and then got headhunted, and today I'm back with the same stations under different ownership in a far better position than I ever have been in, and far better than I would have been if I had stayed.

I know it sucks right now, but think it thru, check it out from ALL angles, and then do what is best for YOU and your family...

If ya need anything gimme a shout, I'm all ears man.... :rockin:

Ize

Ize said:
It sounds like there's a good ol' "Come to Jesus" meeting you got brewing there Bier. You gotta figure out exactly who and what you are responsible to. And if that's not satisfactory to you (because trust me, and I know you know this as well, your physical and mental well-being for you AND your family are far more important than any paycheck.) then it MIGHT be time for a change. Talk to some folks, get some additional input if possible...

I walked out of a job 3 years ago (with a new 1 month old at home mind you) that I just couldn't take anymore. I landed on my feet and then got headhunted, and today I'm back with the same stations under different ownership in a far better position than I ever have been in, and far better than I would have been if I had stayed.

I know it sucks right now, but think it thru, check it out from ALL angles, and then do what is best for YOU and your family...

If ya need anything gimme a shout, I'm all ears man.... :rockin:

Ize

I appreciate the support. My intent was not to make this a thread about myself. The problem is, I was recruited for this position. I then realize over 2 years into it that there are some unholy relationships going on, and that the reason I'm the third person in 5 years in this job is because of one person and his tentacles.

Again, I'm bigger than that. I'm young, energetic, and have the willpower to stay this bastard out. . . .if I don't get fired in the interim.

Anyway. . .

Then you just need to figure out if it's worth it to stick around and outlast, or fight it the way you want to and outast the buggers. And IF they fire you in the end, collect the unemployment and go on to bigger and better things....

As far as SWMBO's go... meh, mine gets royally pissed off at me all the time when I launch a rant... but when I call HER for going off then I'M a dick... screw that and shrug it off. Comes with the turf. I usually give her the finger and go get a beer.

(and no, that's not a joke. :D I'm gonna trade her in at some point...)

In the end, you gotta take care of your health because the youngsters need you around, and no job has EVER replaced a parent....

Ize

My boss makes me work all hours and on weekends. He expects me to meet deadlines even when I don't have the pull to get other people to met their's. No vacations, no benefits, no appreciation, no pay.

Owning a startup has some downsides!

[Had a contract years ago with a major player in gaming. Fourth person in the slot in a year! I lasted almost five months, but the DBA was 'buddies' with the head of IT and kept messing things up. On the plus side, he trashed the main database about a month after I left. Tried to blame it on me, but I had left a memo with my manager predicting exactly what would happen and why. Dork did not understand the hardware.]

Uncle Sam owns me (US Air Force)..... So I know all about to much work and getting jerked around with shifts. After 9 years I have come to expect it. Doesn't make it easier but I guess it is "easier" to accept when they jerk my chain.

Once again..... The government dictating someones life!!

Hey Bierman,

In case it helps, here are some other people with really bad jobs too....

BadJob1.jpg

BadJob2.jpg

BadJob3.jpg

BadJob4.jpg

BadJob5.jpg

Overall I have been fortunate my last 15 years in the Navy. I have had some really shxtty bosses, unbearable jobs, etc... and just when I thought I couldn't take it and I was ready to get out my circumstances changed. Either I got new bosses, or I transferred to a better duty station and everything kind of evened out.

Right now I have been living a pretty good life the last two years, and I am heading into shore duty so all should be OK, but I fully expect in the next couple of years or so some really crappy times. Maybe that's the wrong attitude, but at least I am preparing myself for the future.

I'm just waiting for college to end so I can get a "real" job. My current job is ok, it actually would be a pretty good one, but my boss is the absolute creepiest person I have ever met. He has a strong tendency to stare right at you, with out saying anything, often times if you say something he doesn't respond but just keeps staring (and it's not vacant, it's a pretty intense stare).

And then the other day he starts asking all these strange questions, like "So, where do you live?" At first pretty innocuous, right? But when I ask him why he wanted to know, if he didn't mind telling, his response was "Actually, yes, I do mind." And he must have asked me 4-5 times if we were alone, if anyone else was around. I went home that day looking though my rear-view and nearly died when I heard the wind blowing some stuff around on the porch. I kid you not, the most traumatizing moment of my life ;).

At least I won't have trouble justifying quitting to myself when school starts back up.

Uh, I got a pretty cushy job that pays well. My boss is a pretty good guy and I like all my co-workers. Sorry. :(

I guess I suck....

:(

Biermann said:
(see pictures above ;) )

Man, those workers on the antenna have BALLS. I would love to try that some time just to see if I have the guts. I'm not particularly afraid of heighs - rather like them actually - but that is waaaaaaay up there!

I work at a self storage facility and it WAS a pretty mindless job. I got the job because it paid well and I could study while I'm at work (I've got 30hrs of school left!). I worked about 20-25hrs a week and did 0 work overall.

Then about a month ago my boss was arrested for check fraud....

Now I'M the boss. It's nice I guess, I got a raise. But I'm working 40+hrs now and going to summer school. On Monday's and Wednesdays I got to work from 9-5 then class from 6-10...long days. Plus, if ANYTHING doesn't get done or if ANYONE is mad about something it's all me.

It's still not the hardest job or anything....still PLENTY of time to surf HBT but it is NOT what I signed up for.

I've got 9 people who are locked out that I've got to deal with, the reason they are locked out too is bc my old manager NEVER did anything on time.

Plus, we found out she was using the credit card system to steal money....thankfully not from any of the customers!

Oh, and she was writing fake checks not to buy food for her kids (she has 4 boys) or get them cloths or anything.....she was buying CRAP for herself....like $215 sunglasses

At least I don't have to deal with whale d!ck

Man, that antenna job way up in the air looks very cool to me!

The guy who invented FM radio, Armstrong (can't remember his first name) used to climb up to the top of the transmitter tower to relax and think!

I'm going freaking nuts at work lately--however one of my problem children just separated from the Air Force this week. But now we are a 5 person deep 24/7 office. Our hours are sucking now.

Plus, we are getting dicked around for a new assignment. My SWMBO and I are both active duty and we've been here at Langley AFB for 4 years this summer, which is a long time for most assignments. We've been volunteers for Germany the past 2 years and no luck. We had a bite to go to Tucson earlier this year, we got denied, then the latest is it sounds like we are going to get screwed into an assignment to freaking Louisiana. If you read about an AF dude who went postal on his bosses, it was me after I found out for sure we got the stupid Louisiana assignment. I will go nuts and ruin my 16 year career if that happens.

Sheesh. . . At least I don't have to worry about getting sent to Louisiana.

I feel for you brother.

Another thing about my job-- you say you have too many hours, I don't have enough. I discovered they were paying me too much (contract issue-- I thought my contract said one thing when it didn't), and now they are making me pay it all back for the past 2 years. To make matters worse, they wanted it in a lump sum-- I told them no. . . in a politically nice manner.

The thing that really sucks is that I"ve already paid out taxes on that income, and I have to pay the income back in full to my employer--they've also hired more people for our group, and even though they say that they didn't overhire, there are no hours to be had, and a lot of people are short hours.

I'm pi$$ed. I'm considering getting an attorney to look at all this. I think that whale's stuff up in that picture is being used to take me from behind.

Back