I hate my effin job

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBKing

Reaction score
So I work "construction" here in Central Illinois. one of the big things we have going on is a contract with CAT to repair the metal lined boxes that their forktruck drivers use to haul around heavy parts. Thats what I've been doing the past year and a half (minus a 7 month layoff).

We have a quota of 40 boxes per day per person that we're supposed to reach. Beat out, welded, and re-painted.

I quit my old job and went there when the owner (this is a family run business btw) promised to pay me $15 an hour, give me health insurance and get me working torwards moving up in the company.

I'm making $11.50 an hour, no insurance, and the only time I've left the damn shop is a 3 month stint in Miami on a job, which blew goat balls.

Now the owners daughter, a girl I went to school with is the "secretary". She gets paid $1,000 a week to do payroll and unlock the shop in the mornings cause none of us can be trusted with the keys. Apparently we're all theives.

This morning I came in 2 minutes late, and lo and behold, the ***** is there. When she got snippy with me about being soooo damn late I told her the truth, that I was held up by a poo incident with my 8 month old son. The dumb ***** then informs me that maybe I should wake him up earlier and get things figured out cause my tardiness is going to come to a head. This is the first time in over 2 months that I've been late.

She also informed us that quota is moving up to 50 boxes a day. We collectively told her that we'll be requiring a raise if thats to happen. We've all been promised this and that since working there, so everyone is fed up.

The owner came in today to try to smooth things out with us. I brought up his promise of $15 an hour and health insurance when I first started.

The cocksucker informed me that that conversation never took place!

I could ****ing scream.....

I cant wait to get through my EMT course(s) and get out of there. Cocksuckers

NEVER WORK FOR A FAMILY RUN BUSINESS.

Rant over...time for a pint.

NEVER work for family. I tried to help my MIL out a few times and everytime I mentioned that maybe the guys she has working for her were taking advantage of her and robbing her blind. She got mad at me and changed the locks. 6 months later she is bankrupt and looking to me for a hand out.

Work at Burger King and take the EMT course. Get the hell out of there while your still sane.

Family run business in my experience only work good for the owners immediate family and there deadbeat friends.I got lucky and got hired on at a local university,doing hvac service work and got away from that crap.Just be patient,get the E.M.T. gig going and walk into that place late one day and tell the dumb ass receptionist and her diddy to lick balls...I feel your pain,good luck.

Depends on the family. I flew for a family owned airline and they were the best damn people I have ever collected a paycheck from. I really hated to leave, but I had bigger dreams. They did have very strong "convictions", which were very apparent in how they handled business (debt) and thier employees (respect).

I worked for another family owned aviation company before that, and they were the same... very easy to work with and very respectful. At one point we lost a contract that I flew on, and the owner sat down with me to work out an amicable pay rate considering his loss of $20k in revenue annually.

I have fared much better in family businesses than outside of them... just my experience. Then again, it depends on the family.

Ugh. Construction is hard to work in and maintain steady employment without a contract or specialty skill.

My job is so f**king unbelievable. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breath.

The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career opportunities are endless, and yet she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she even showers, much less shaves her "womanly" parts. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we drive by the hardware store, she moans like a cat in heat.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the f**king stoner. And this guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big f**king dog to work. Every f**king day I have to look at this huge Great Dane walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonalds and Burger King, every single f**king day.

Anyway, I drive these f**ktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and s**t.

Are you a welder? The kids at McDonald's here make $12.50 an hour. You americans are getting royally bum rammed when it comes to wages. Here a labourer gets $25+.

And a Harley costs what 50k

My job is so f**king unbelievable. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breath.

The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career opportunities are endless, and yet she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she even showers, much less shaves her "womanly" parts. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we drive by the hardware store, she moans like a cat in heat.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the f**king stoner. And this guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big f**king dog to work. Every f**king day I have to look at this huge Great Dane walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonalds and Burger King, every single f**king day.

Anyway, I drive these f**ktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and s**t.

I was like holy crap he has it bad then I got to the end ...:D

Ruh Row. sounds like somebody missed out on the scooby snacks. You got rejected by both the blonde and the redhead again didn;t you.

the harley's affordable (relatively), it's canadian motorcycle insurance that's unbelievable.

I do know they pay a large duty on them and the parts. Since only one distributor has the rights to them they mark everything way up. And I believe no American Harley dealers can even send parts to a Canadian resident.

That was f***ing hilarious! I'm at my s**t job right now and I literally laughed out loud.

BBKing, that really sucks they are putting you through all of that crap. Unfortunately, they think they can do this because you can be replaced easily. I'm sure construction jobs have one of the highest turn overs. My ex used to work construction and I know they can be really jerk offs when it comes to the way they treat their employees. They don't understand, or don't want to understand that sometimes **** happens (literally in your case) and treat it like it is such a huge problem. What I don't understand is how anyone can treat people like that. I hope things get better or that you are able to find another job until you get your license. Good luck with that.

Chortly really got me into his story. Then I read the end and laughed my ass off.

Back