I hate acronyms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfonnes

Reaction score
I have been brewing for a three years now and have finally gotten around to brewing some English styles.

Last night while driving home from work it finally dawned on me what EKG hops are.

I have been brewing for a three years now and have finally gotten around to brewing some English styles.

Last night while driving home from work it finally dawned on me what EKG hops are.

LMAO!! Took you that long?? Wow. :D

BTW, I fully agree with the above delicious statement. EKG was an integral part of my MO SMaSH recipe. :D

I was planting a Kent Golden rhizome when it finally dawned on me what EKG meant. :eek:

It will turn into an US Golding if you plant it in CA. Only Goldings grown in East Kent, England are EKG. Soil composition and climate makes them so. Unless you have a way to exactly match those parameters.

I may have been quicker but I did not even realize that it was an acronym, I thought it was another variety of hop.

Odd... I've not been brewing as long as you (started November 2010) but I understood what it stood for from the start. Maybe it was from reading about all the hops that were available at the time (more are available now, and more coming each year it seems).

Either way, we're all just f'ing with you a bit... :D At least now you know WTF it means... :D

FYI
An acronym is when you can read it as one word - example NASA.
Whereas an abbreviation is where you have to spell the letters separately when saying the word - example FBI

*cough* grammar nazi... sorry... :D

k-trips said:
fyi
an acronym is when you can read it as one word - example nasa.
Whereas an abbreviation is where you have to spell the letters separately when saying the word - example fbi

*cough* grammar nazi... Sorry... :d

granazi

Back