I had no idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFeltimo

Reaction score
You guys might already know, but you can use the Hop Union bags with leftover hops in and vacuum seal them, i do have a vacuum sealer but had no idea the vacuum would actually work, on the bags, ive always bought vacuum bags.
It does work how cool, fresh(ish) hops every time.

No i had no idea. I thought those sealer bags had special glue or something that made the seal stay.

I didn't know that either, but I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks for the tip!

-ben

That is awesome. Wish I had known before I split my pound bags up.

That is awesome. Wish I had known before I split my pound bags up.

I know, no more extra spending on the funny bag thingies, i will say however, i have the Ziploc brand sealer, will it work on other machines? i dont know, but i dont see why not.
Give it a try and good luck.

I know, no more extra spending on the funny bag thingies, i will say however, i have the Ziploc brand sealer, will it work on other machines? i dont know, but i dont see why not.
Give it a try and good luck.

I have the ziplock bags with the handheld pump deal. Those, without a doubt, never stayed air tight. I have two boxes of bags intended for hops as well, but maybe I should try those bags on my food saver.

It's a cool find nonetheless.

I have the ziplock bags with the handheld pump deal. Those, without a doubt, never stayed air tight. I have two boxes of bags intended for hops as well, but maybe I should try those bags on my food saver.

It's a cool find nonetheless.

give it a go

Back