I had a dream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the75

Reaction score
In my dream, I had mashed, sparged, & boiled & when I went to whirlpool, I realized I missed ALL my hop additions. So what can I do now? I'm assuming I'll have to add some more water for loss due to evaporation, but what can I expect by way of lost flavor, considering I'll now be doing a 120 minute boil? If I return to my dream over the next few nights, I'd like to be prepared.

Ferment it out, dry hop it for a week and enjoy. I've messed up too many batches by trying to go back and fix something.

What kind of beer is it? If melenoidin flavors are desirable a 120 minute boil will probably not hurt, just add water (back to your pre-boil volume) and start the 60 minute hop timer... with the hops this time :)

You won't lose flavor with extended boiling - you'll gain it (I think).

What kind of beer is it? If melenoidin flavors are desirable a 120 minute boil will probably not hurt, just add water (back to your pre-boil volume) and start the 60 minute hop timer... with the hops this time :)

I'm not sure what kind of beer it is, but since I have only made IPAs IRL, I would assume that's what kind it was. These are all great suggestions.
I'll be brewing again tomorrow IRL, so hopefully my dream doesn't come true.

That's very true, I like this suggestion best!

This happened once to - uh - a friend, that's right, a friend of mine. He made a hop tea by boiling them in a smallish amount of water for half an hour or so, then added the tea to the wort.

Back