I got over the gentle pour and now I have great head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freebd

Reaction score
I have been brewing for 8 months now and I was getting rather mad cause none of my beers seemed to be carbing up....even after a few months of conditioning...Then tonight while pouring a homebrew I asked myself.. why are you being so gentle???? I decided to pour my brew a bit higher above the glass.. about 8-10 inchs from the top rim...by the end of the ppour I had a good head all the way upto the rim of the glass...LOL..who knew I was just pouring my beer wrong all along....I would be willing to bet many homebrewers that complain that they have no carbination are doing he same that I had been doing...just try to pour your brew higher above the rim of the glass.. It worked for me!!!!:rockin:

I was pouring so gently in the past that I was not getting any head at all... now with my new pouring technic I atleast get head on my beer...I guess I should be glad the SWMBO lets me brew... life doesn't get any better than this....

This thread should have been called :
"I got over the gentle pour and now I receive great head"

Back