I got a rogue bailout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXCrash

Gunshy
Reaction score
Went on a short trip to the coast today, decided to stop and have dinner at the rogue brewery in newport. After a burger and a couple beers - asked for our check and the waiter comes up and tells us we've gotten a rogue bailout...

Free dinner and beer. I'm ok with that. Needless to say, the waiter got a pretty decent tip!

Rogue Nation Bails Out its Citizens!
February 26, 2009 - (PORTLAND, OR): ... Rogue Nation has put together a bailout plan to aid Rogue Nation citizens during these difficult financial times, appropriately named the Rogue Nation Bailout Program (RNBOP). Twice-a-day, at each of our embassies, the Rogue Nation Bailout Program pays 100% of a customer(s) tab. Each unsuspecting person or group is randomly chosen, inducted into the Rogue Nation (if not already a citizen) and relieved of their debt to Rogue. Since the program was put into effect, Rogue has bailed out over 350 tabs.

Awesome!

Too bad I am not a fan of Rogue beers. They'd have prolly charged me double for ordering something other than a Rogue. :p

Had the sesquicentennial ale wasn't too impressed (note to self - always get samplers first...). Sampler of kells irish lager was good, also had a sampler of deadguy (he offered... why not.. had never had it on tap). Meant to try the chipotle ale, but didn't get around to it.

Kinda wish our tab had been bigger (we went cheap... budget's a bit shot at the moment), but free beer and dinner... nothing better ;-)

(well... that can be said on a public forum...)

Funny thing is... I have a feeling that the "bailout" was supposed to go to another group - that was behaving badly and talking crap about the waiter (he was friendly... but pretty slow). Waiter said something about the bailout thing being because we had to wait so long (we did... it happens). Who knows? I guess there's a reason I'm always friendly to those handling my food, no matter how incompetent.

Looks like we're going back out this weekend (Saturday is the wife's birthday - free shirt and 2 free beers... AND they have their spring cleaning garage sale where rumor has it a 6'er of flip top old crustacean is $30). I really love having a wife that supports my beer habit ;-) Maybe I can talk em out of a couple retired kegs for cheap (stacks and stacks of kegs outside the brewery... there've gotta be some retired ones there)

Back