I found it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteOz77

Reaction score
I was certain that I had another Hydrometer, but just could NOT find it. I dug out my spare about5 weeks ago after giving up. I reckoned that SWMBO or the house cleaner had broken it and didn't fess up.

So, I finish up a cornie of IPA (Very nice one I might add!) and popped the lid to clean it immediately...... guess what was inside!

I guess I must have dropped it in to get FG cause I forgot to get one before I kegged it, and forgot to take it out!

Recovered in perfect condition:mug:

Anyone else ever done this?

Fantastic.

I think I found a missing thermometer at the bottom of a mash once, but that doesn't have the awesomeness from the time delay.

EvilTOJ said:
So what was the FG?

:D

HAHAHAHA

It was "Empty"

I really can't believe it lived throughthe forced carbonation SHAKING that I gave it quite a few times. Plus I had overcarbonated that keg, so I did a lot of shaking to fix that as well. I'm just glad that I looked in the keg before I rinsed and tipped it out. Would have been a hell of a shame for it live for a couple of months in there..just to get broken now!

Back