I can't stop drinking my beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevilNuts

Reaction score
My most recent brew was five gallons of a nice Belgian dark strong ale (OG 1.100 FG 1.018) and it's hands-down the best beer I have created yet. First time brewing all-grain, first time making anything stronger than 6%, first time developing my own recipe, first time matching it against BJCP style guidelines - and I knocked it out of the park on all fronts.

The problem is, I have no discipline. I know this beer is supposed to get better in the bottle, but here I am two months later and it's nearly gone.

I can't be the only person with this predicament. How am I supposed to let my beer mature if it's too tasty and I can't stop drinking it?

First world problems.

Brew more often. I have almost no willpower when it comes to my beers so I brew often to keep the pipeline full. Anytime I have less than 4 cases or less than 6 varieties I start to panic a bit.
Congrats on your jump to AG and developing your own recipe!:mug:

Make 3 batches, one to drink now, one to drink when the first batch is gone and the third to lay back and bottle condition. Or just make a batch every week and unless you are a total drunk, the beer will eventually pile up and you'll have plenty in your cellar.....:mug:

I dont see the issue here. Make more. Here's what I am constantly struggling to resist drinking until its fully carbed and conditioned. Once a batch moves on down to the end of the hallway, its usually good to go

20151027_174603.jpg

I dont see the issue here. Make more. Here's what I am constantly struggling to resist drinking until its fully carbed and conditioned. Once a batch moves on down to the end of the hallway, its usually good to go

That is a lot of bottling!

I know, and I've been in that (wonderful) situation before. But money is tight, as is time. I guess I'm going to need to start doubling up my batches if my beer keeps turning out this good.

What really killed me is having two guys help me out on brew day - each one got a six pack out of the deal. The plus side is that when they brewed theirs, I got a sixer of each of theirs. The downside is that it's not my fantastic Belgian.

it lasted two months...wow.

This.

2 Months is a long time 5 gallons of beer at a perfect yield is 53 beers...but realistically lets say you got 45 beers out of the batch. Now two months is on average 60 days that's less than one beer a day...or not even a 6 pack a week. That is SLOW..... not fast.

This.

2 Months is a long time 5 gallons of beer at a perfect yield is 53 beers...but realistically lets say you got 45 beers out of the batch. Now two months is on average 60 days that's less than one beer a day...or not even a 6 pack a week. That is SLOW..... not fast.

Yeah but it's a 10.7% beer. I'm not trying to kill myself.

I think you need a conveyer belt system to move that beer to your barstool...

Makes me think of that old ditty "99 bottles of beer on the floor"...

Latest posts

Back