I can't Serve This...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSKBeerfan

Reaction score
I purchased and brewed a Northern Brewer all grain kit, Kiwi Express and they descibe it as totally "Unique" I think it's totally Awful...
I need to hid some of the "Unique" flavors that this beer has... Citrus is there but also a bit of a vegetable taste that leaves for a lasting unplesent finish.
I am certain I am to blame somewhere in this as the Ale Yeast used in this fermented out for more than it should have... It started too cool and l likley heated it up too much and obtained these flavors.

Anyhow, I want to add some fruit to the secondary or perhaps the Keg... as I am serving this next weekend! Sorry if any of my Beer buddies are reading this post as you will know in advance this was not what as intended...

I was thinking of using Mango Puree and adding it to the keg to provide some flavor...

But, as a second thought has anyone pitched a fruit to the secondary and then re-pitched yeast to try and obtain a bit more alcohol to the beer?

Your thoughts?

Are you serving it to brewing buddies? Then I'd say there's no problem. Let experienced beer geeks taste it and bat ideas around. Some of them might think it's awesome!

It also sounds like you're tasting it too green, I've made some beers that I thought would be awful, only to have the flavor completely change after a few weeks of conditioning.

Back