I can't keep up, I can't keep up, I can't keep up!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
I'm outta step with the WOrld...

oh, uh er at least my consumption (no I don't have straight edge obvi, bra)

Man. Kegs kickin' left and right. Wish my wife would tell me when she pulls the last pint!

I brew as often as possible but it ain't enough! I have 11 kegs and I can only keep about half of them full for a short time. Wish I had more time to brew.

:(

Drinking less is NOT an option! :D

I feel your pain.

Gotta get the pipeline bursting again. Take a long weekend and get some back-to-backs done.

35_gallons.jpg

Does the mirror give you the feeling you have exponentially more beer in the works?

I am dying here seeing this. I tore my old system down in waits for the new one.

I feel your pain.

Gotta get the pipeline bursting again. Take a long weekend and get some back-to-backs done.

View attachment 8844

I'd love to. You wanna watch the chillun's for me? ;)

Time for some 10 gallon batches at least. Problem is I have been futzin' around with 5 gallon "projects" rather than 10 gallon "production".

I'd love to. You wanna watch the chillun's for me? ;)

Time for some 10 gallon batches at least. Problem is I have been futzin' around with 5 gallon "projects" rather than 10 gallon "production".

It's -15 today (well, that was the high) so I brewed indoors. I made 5.5 gallons of a Two-Hearted clone. That's great, but next spring/summer, I MUST brew 10 gallon batches. Oh, I have a keggle and a burner, but neither have ever been used for brewing. I find it's a chore to keep up with demand around here! I bet Bob drinks too much. That's my only explanation.

I bet Bob drinks too much. That's my only explanation.
Apparently he's been getting into my stash as well. Have there been unexplained absences from home? I have three empty kegs and nothing even started to refill them with. I blame Bob. Tell him he owes me some beer.

Chad

I feel your pain.

View attachment 8844

The pain!?:tank:

No doubt though, I hear that one, just bought a couple more carboys to satisfy the challenge of multiple brews over the holiday season.:rockin:

Of course, with every last bottle comes a last cap!?:drunk:

Hahah, good tidings and all more to follow!

I seem to be having the same problem as well, but that may be because Im waiting to go home where the ingredients are cheaper, not to mention Ive had exams (last one today!) :drunk:

Brew some MUCH stronger, 8-9%, that will give you time to catch up on session beers.

I dunno, when Ive done that Ive just always ended up drucker....:tank:

Brew some MUCH stronger, 8-9%, that will give you time to catch up on session beers.

Oh I gots me some Barley wine aging and some other big brews on tap. Trouble is I drink those like session beers. :drunk:

I brewed 10 gallons of ordinary bitter not too long ago. That went down like water! Yummy yummy water!

;)

Stores have all the beer you can buy. ;)

Yeah but my beer often tastes much better. :p

I still buy plenty of beer. I just tend to buy smaller amounts of more expensive beers though. Haven't bought a 12 pack in a long time. There aren't many 12 packs I would want to buy these days around here. Nothing yummy enough in 12 packs around these parts.

It's -15 today (well, that was the high) so I brewed indoors. I made 5.5 gallons of a Two-Hearted clone. That's great, but next spring/summer, I MUST brew 10 gallon batches. Oh, I have a keggle and a burner, but neither have ever been used for brewing. I find it's a chore to keep up with demand around here! I bet Bob drinks too much. That's my only explanation.

Can I blame Bob too? Must be him.

My wife has started drinking more beer again. She kind of went off it while dieting. Then she started drinking white wine... and then horror, Pink stuff!

Happily she is now back to good beer. I cannot really pin it on here though, I think she has 1 pint to my 4-6 pints. :(

Maybe she is sneaking pints in the middle of the night and then washing the glass to hide her tracks. Yeah that's it. Or drinking straight out of the faucet!

Maybe that is why she does not tell me the keg kicked!

You are all welcome to come over and help me take care of some of my overflow. I have 2 cases and 4 full cornies that need working on. I need to consume some so I can brew more!

My problem lately is that my wife is showing an interest in the the whole brewing process. This is great except she is forcing me to properly age my beers so now I have a gap inbetween my last keg and when I can drink the next. Luckily it is cheaper to have a cornie filled at the local brewery than it is to make beer depending on what I get. You just can't beat $37 for 5 gallons of brew.

Linc

Apparently he's been getting into my stash as well. Have there been unexplained absences from home? I have three empty kegs and nothing even started to refill them with. I blame Bob. Tell him he owes me some beer.

Chad

Can I blame Bob too? Must be him.

I think blaming Bob is a good plan. I even coined a name for a keg unexpectedly kicking- the keg has been Bobbed!

When he gets home from work tonight, I'll accuse him of Bobbing our kegs. Let's see his explanation for that one!

I have the opposite problem. I have a bunch of beer sitting around and only 2 taps. I'm going to have to bottle a couple of batches to free up come carboys for the 2 batches that I'm brewing on Friday.

It's an occasion when a keg kicks here. I have to wait to brew, otherwise I end up with too many partial kegs.

I think blaming Bob is a good plan. I even coined a name for a keg unexpectedly kicking- the keg has been Bobbed!

When he gets home from work tonight, I'll accuse him of Bobbing our kegs. Let's see his explanation for that one!

MMmmmm, bobbing for kegs. Sounds like a good game to play!

:drunk:

My problem lately is that my wife is showing an interest in the the whole brewing process. This is great except she is forcing me to properly age my beers so now I have a gap inbetween my last keg and when I can drink the next. Luckily it is cheaper to have a cornie filled at the local brewery than it is to make beer depending on what I get. You just can't beat $37 for 5 gallons of brew.

Linc

It costs you more to brew than $37 for 5 gallons? My most expensive brew day so far has been $44 for a Russian Imperial Stout. Most of them hover in the mid to low $3x range. your LHBS must be expensive.

Latest posts

Back