I can't get enough of my IPA.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvcjbl

Reaction score
I made an IPA for the first time on my own using nothing but Beer Smith. I just set the basic guidelines and added ingredients that I felt fit. One last change at the very end at flame out I threw in .75oz of Fuggles that I had in the fridge. This beer is effin' amazing. I have given it to a few people and they all love it. I am scared that I am going to run out soon. :(

I, too have an IPA that I nailed the first time. Friggin delicious. Been thinking abot roviding the recie since I have successfully replicated it a number of times. No Fuggles though...

Make it again! I make an IPA every brew day (fortunately I make two beers each time, so I get to drink other things while at the same time never running out of IPA)

Nothing beats a home made IPA, you can never get it fresh enough from a commercial brewery. Well at least in CT, where we don't have PtY release days and the like.

Running out is the worst part about making an awesome beer. My favorites have all been my IPA's which is why most of my batches have been full of hoppy goodness.

Just had the first of my IPA 13 days in. It's a variation of Alpha King (I copied the malt bill, but changed up the hops). It's pretty much amazing. Yeah.

I made my first all grain IPA in Jan and love it. I'm all about hops and it's almost 80IBU. I'll have to get another batch fermenting soon since my brother in law is coming this weekend I'm sure we'll drink most of the batch.

JVC, care to share the recipe you used?

I made a IIPA based off Bell's Two-hearted IPA 6 weeks ago. It had a bit more two-row and 3 lb of honey (10 gal batch) that put it at 1.085. It finished at 1.011. Kegged 5 gal a week ago and just bottled the other half last night. This beer is so good it's dangerous.

I made my first all grain IPA in Jan and love it. I'm all about hops and it's almost 80IBU. I'll have to get another batch fermenting soon since my brother in law is coming this weekend I'm sure we'll drink most of the batch.

JVC, care to share the recipe you used?

Yeah I will post it up... nice smooth IPA... decent head... super basic easy to brew. and yields ~6.8% ABV

Why do you think we do this? To drink bad beer? Same goes for my home cooking, better than dining out.

I made a IIPA based off Bell's Two-hearted IPA 6 weeks ago. It had a bit more two-row and 3 lb of honey (10 gal batch) that put it at 1.085. It finished at 1.011. Kegged 5 gal a week ago and just bottled the other half last night. This beer is so good it's dangerous.

coastwx, care to share that recipe too? I love trying new beers that are similar to compare, and was looking at a Hopslam clone but I'm interested to see how much honey you used on the 2 hearted.

Back