I can smell my beer looking at me...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
I was rather relieved to get this damn batch closed up and in the closet to forget about (as it presented a 'challenge' during the brewing process)

All of this behind me, I happily went to bed knowing that there isnt **** that I can do to this brew now and the yeasties are doing their thing (within 15 minutes of pitching no less) I found myself awakening during the night (normal for me) to get a beautiful whiff of my newly pitched brew. It was wonderful! I always managed to roll back over with a smile on my face knowing that the yeasties were partying their asses off and making my new brew tasty.

Well, I opened my closet this AM to take a peek and another whiff of my malty/hoppy goodness only to find my airlock full of krausen and the holes in the lid of my primary pooling up with wort.

I totally wasnt expecting this as this isnt a stout (as they are notorious for this) and Im glad I didnt throw away my 'old' capsule airlock when the wife lost the cap. Its now running to the rest of my blow off tube assembly.

Boy is that fermentation pissed right now!
This is awesome! (Or jacked up in seeing how my brew process went last night) :)
-Me

The reason why she got pissed was because you didn't read her a bedtime story. It keeps the yeasties warm and snuggly while they work.

I have two wheat beers fermenting now.

Due to the double rhino farts (wheat beer seems to smell the worst), "forgetting" about the beer is impossible.

:drunk:

What kind of brew was it?

This was the (loosely) followed Carmel Cream Ale from Cheese.
It smelled wonderful!

The only issue is I cant find my damn irish moss so it didnt make it into the boil. (No biggie) I think this beer is gonna be tasty.
-Me

?!? Holes in the lid of your primary?

Sorry bout that, they arent 'holes' per se (going all the way through) its the valleys of the lid. (I think there is like a 'finned' ring around the top of the lid)

In other words, the places that accumulate wort on the lid and make little pools.
-Me

No, but its not too late to chew on the towel that I used to sop it up with... Mmmmmmm
-Me

Latest posts

Back