I broke my sight glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had my HLT sitting upside down in the burner and as I was putting things away last night I bumped it and it fell 6 feet to the floor. The pot and thermo and b-valve seem to be fine the the sight glass is gone. :mad:

I "thought" I got it from Northern brewer but I can't find it on the site or in the mag.
It was a nice one too. Stainless with a glass tube inside it..
Does anyone have an idea on how I can replace the tube? I don't want to buy a new whole sight glass the dang things cost to much.

I will check when I get home but a guess would be 3/8-1/2 dia and about 12 - 14 inches long.... I'll check when I ge home though to be sure.

B3 sells replacement glass tubes. But i'd bet if you look around (lab supplies) you could get one cheaper and save on shipping.

GilaMinumBeer said:
B3 sells replacement glass tubes. But i'd bet if you look around (lab supplies) you could get one cheaper and save on shipping.
I forgot about B3.. That's where I got it from. But I still don't want to pay that much and now that i took it a part I see that the whole thing is bent. I'm going to look at just making me one I guess.
The tube scales out to be .625 dia x 11.000 long.

Back