Quantcast

I broke my sight glass

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

FSR402

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I had my HLT sitting upside down in the burner and as I was putting things away last night I bumped it and it fell 6 feet to the floor. The pot and thermo and b-valve seem to be fine the the sight glass is gone. :mad:

I "thought" I got it from Northern brewer but I can't find it on the site or in the mag.
It was a nice one too. Stainless with a glass tube inside it..
Does anyone have an idea on how I can replace the tube? I don't want to buy a new whole sight glass the dang things cost to much.

OP
FSR402

FSR402

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I will check when I get home but a guess would be 3/8-1/2 dia and about 12 - 14 inches long.... I'll check when I ge home though to be sure.

GilaMinumBeer

Half-fast Prattlarian
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
B3 sells replacement glass tubes. But i'd bet if you look around (lab supplies) you could get one cheaper and save on shipping.

OP
FSR402

FSR402

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
GilaMinumBeer said:
B3 sells replacement glass tubes. But i'd bet if you look around (lab supplies) you could get one cheaper and save on shipping.
I forgot about B3.. That's where I got it from. But I still don't want to pay that much and now that i took it a part I see that the whole thing is bent. I'm going to look at just making me one I guess.
The tube scales out to be .625 dia x 11.000 long.