I bottled too soon!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windfish

Reaction score
Now I have beer that shoots out of the bottle when its opened. But the good news is its the best pre-hoped malt extract kit I've made:rockin: .I don't know what too do so My plan is to drink it all fast! :drunk:

Get them cold ASAP! this will help to keep them from exploding. I would also try to vent the caps a little to let a small amount of gas out after they are chilled. I would also get them in a plastic bin with a lid. Bottle bombs are no joke...

are you sure it was bottled too soon? It may still be bottle conditioning. You should allow 3 weeks minimum at 70 degrees after bottling , then an additional week at least at refrigeration temperatures to allow the CO2 to fully absorb into the beer.

What was your process in fermentation/bottling? was it done fermenting when you bottled? how long were you fermenting before you bottled?

I already have them in a plastic bin,they fermented for 8 days as 22 degrees Celsius. I used less than half a cup of dextrose to prime. Is it possible to uncap them (to let out some gasses) and then recap? also would someone mind explaining why chilling them will help keep them from exploding?thanks:)

Chilling them would make the yeast go dormant, thus stopping carbing process.
Before you go messing with it, how long has it been since you bottled? Overflowing beer does not indicate a possible bottle bomb.

Latest posts

Back