I am thinking about giving up.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

surume

Reaction score
Looking at the threads he has made in the past, he tends to ask questions but never post replies in it :(

The OP states in his introductory thread that he doesn't even drink. He wants to brew for his friends and family, and for the process. Read some of his previous posts. He is either a troll or jumped in WAYYYYYY over his head

That's not his introductory thread, its another guy called "evolcoms".

chuckstout

Reaction score
Stay_Trill said:
I haven't even started. I just feel like I have spent so much money just on buying some kegs and turning them into into a boil kettle, mash tun, and HLT. I dont even have hoses pumps or burners or anything just the keggles. I feel like I should sell them and just have the extra money, I feel like I am gonna need hundreds and hundreds still more just to get started. What should I do?!
You should quit and give them to the nearest person on this forum

MinnesnowtaBrew

Reaction score
I'm not trying to sound negative or pessimistic but I hope you're joking?? It clearly sounds like you didn't do your homework before you even attempted to take the first semesters exam to feel the class out. Why are you trying to keg and all grain at the get go..? Do an extract kit or partial mash and relax. If that is overwhelming then I hate to say it but home brewing isn't probably for you.

pdxal

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't even started. I just feel like I have spent so much money just on buying some kegs and turning them into into a boil kettle, mash tun, and HLT. I dont even have hoses pumps or burners or anything just the keggles. I feel like I should sell them and just have the extra money, I feel like I am gonna need hundreds and hundreds still more just to get started. What should I do?!
This is really putting the cart before the horse.
Start easy, and try it out for a while before you go crazy with expensive equipment. You might not like it, or maybe you'll love it and learn enough to make spending all that money on expensive and elaborate equipment worth it.