I am druk!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clapping%20businesspeople.gif

Well, I took the day off to brew a batch of Orfy's mild (substituting pale chocolate for chocloate malt cause I am a ***** when it comes to roasty beers), and I though I might as well have some fun while doing it... that Honig-Apfelwein is evil, I tell ya! EVIL!

Holy Cow, where are you located? Its only 4:00 here, so at the most its 6 on the east coast, if your in the states.

Good on ya :mug:

Big Whoop. It's 5:00 somewhere. In fact, it's 5:25 here........I'm thirsty!

*ambles to kegerator, pours homebrew, savors*

Is honig apfelwein just dry hopped apfelwein? is there a recipe you could link to?

I am making a dry-hopped Apfelwein right now, but it won't be ready for a while. The regular Honig Apfelwein I make uses the following recipe:

2 gallons apple juice
5 oz brown sugar
1 lbs clover honey
Blend of Koelsch and Cali Ale yeast

The dry hopped version drops the brown sugar and uses 2 lbs or orange blossom honey instead of the clover honey. I'll probably add a quarter ounce of Cascade hops to give it a very subtle hop aroma to start out with and see how it goes.

Damit, I wish the freezer would cool down that next bottle already!!!!

Big Whoop. It's 5:00 somewhere. In fact, it's 5:25 here........I'm thirsty!

*ambles to kegerator, pours homebrew, savors*

do not limit yourself to five or later....it will only hinder your tolerance.

two questions:

1) Is it AM or PM? If, PM, drink
2) If Am, is it dark? if dark, drink. if light, find a creative way to justify drinking like "Its Saturday" or "I work graveyard"

do not limit yourself to five or later....it will only hinder your tolerance.

two questions:

1) Is it AM or PM? If, PM, drink
2) If Am, is it dark? if dark, drink. if light, find a creative way to justify drinking like "Its Saturday" or "I work graveyard"

Or just go into a dark room.

I am making a dry-hopped Apfelwein right now, but it won't be ready for a while. The regular Honig Apfelwein I make uses the following recipe:

2 gallons apple juice
5 oz brown sugar
1 lbs clover honey
Blend of Koelsch and Cali Ale yeast

The dry hopped version drops the brown sugar and uses 2 lbs or orange blossom honey instead of the clover honey. I'll probably add a quarter ounce of Cascade hops to give it a very subtle hop aroma to start out with and see how it goes.

Damit, I wish the freezer would cool down that next bottle already!!!!

Sounds tasty. does honig mean honey? whenever i want a cold homebrrew i put it in a pitcher of icewater and spin it now and then. 5-10m and cold homebrew is ready!

BWHAHA Postin' from the brewpub!

Haha I tried to post from the pub but my phone died! I was hanging at Green Dragon. Had a flanders red from Cascade Brewing and a Lager from Hopworks Organic. Pub beer tastes better when you have a backpack full of malt and hops with you. Now I'm home and thinking about some dry-hopped cascade pale from my kegerator!

Latest posts

Back