Hydrometer Readings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainer

Reaction score
Came home at lunchtime to check on my dog. While I was here, I figured I'd take hydrometer readings on the three beers I have in fermentation. And of course, it didn't seem right to run all that beer back into the carboys, so I had to sample them all. Long story short, I think this is going to make the rest of my work day a lot more pleasant.

From top to bottom:
Kolsch/IPA Hybrid Experiment: Finished after 5 weeks, 1.018
Spruce Tip IPA: Not yet finished after 3 days, 1.014
Sour Wheat Monster that was supposed to be a Berliner but I screwed up the grain bill: Still souring at ~3 months, 1.008

IMAG0565.jpg

IMAG0566.jpg

IMAG0567.jpg

Again, these are all hydrometer reads straight off the carboys, so please excuse the total lack of carbonation in all 3.

I have been known to take hydrometer readings on my lunch break also. Of course you have to drink the sample:mug:

Also, I gotta say, it's a gorgeous day here. 65 and not a cloud in the sky. Coming back to the office was not easy.

Ahh the ole "got to check the beer" afternooner trick! Good for you. The beers sound great and it does look like a good day for some porch drankin. It's been raining here for what seems like a month straight and there's still another 3 weeks of it they're saying. I'm thinking about putting my boil kettle outside and catching enough rain water to brew with...

Long story short, I think this is going to make the rest of my work day a lot more pleasant.

This is why we feel sorry for teetotalers. They wake up in the morning knowing that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Latest posts

Back