Hurricane Ike

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txun

Reaction score
All,
It is sure good to know that my homebrew hobby has a "life-saving" benefit during trying times like the Hurricane Ike that hit our area yesterday. Houston is under a "boil advisory" for the drinking water due to the collapse of the electric system that made water pressure drop.

Boy o boy am I glad I just bottled 5 gallons of Pilsner Urquell clone from Midwest last weekend. Yea, I know, it is still a little green. However, it sure beats tap water when you need to "re-hydrate"!

Here's my recommendation for anyone facing a hurricane season - lay in a goodly supply of good drinkable homebrew - the style of your choice. Plan for at least 2 pts. per person per day. Also, if you can manage, keep ice on hand to cool you homebrew and other essentials.

It sure helps to pass the time.

Always good to be prepared. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't alcohol De-hydrate? Anyway, at least you have a nice big pot to boil in when under a boil advisory, and some good homebrew stashed away!

Latest posts

Back