Hurricane IKE and my cider!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxerDog

Reaction score
We have no power and will not anytime soon, as a large section of my house was destroyed . Due to the problems with the electrical system, we will not be able to turn on the ac anytime soon.

The temps range from high fifties at night to mid 80s during the day , the cider is pretty much done fermenting, its at around 4 weeks.

Will it be ok to let it sit for a month or so ? I might be able to bottle it then.

It only gets better with age... no worries.

OT: I have a boxer too. She's just over 5 years old, and wonderful!

You have bigger fish to fry and the Apfelwein will be fine sitting were it is for a month or two. Hope you and your family came through without injury. Sorry about your house!

Let it sit for another month or two. It will be fine.

Sorry to hear about your house. I hope you get things repaired quickly.

Regards,

Ed

Let it sit for another month or two. It will be fine.

Sorry to hear about your house. I hope you get things repaired quickly.

Regards,

Ed

what he said about your soggy abode. :(

BUT no worries on your brew, the temps in my brew room in my home have about the same range maybe 65-80 or so - I don't have an AC, and my brew is doing Just fine. maybe you should pull a pint or two off and drink it. might make the pain of your current situation less??:drunk:

Back