Hurricane Beware!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of wish we were getting a storm over here in Houston, they're exciting! (When you're prepared for it!)

Be safe!

Yeah it's all exciting...except for the part where you move everything into and back out of your garage, re-shingle your house, remove all the crap from your yard, pray that the water stays low enough on the patio that it doesn't flood the door because you forgot to lay sandbags, bathe out of a bucket because the water is gone, and hope the electricity stays up long enough for you to check your email. Other than that...yeah it's a great time to drink beer and read books because that's about all you can do other than listen to the rain :p

Yeah it's all exciting...except for the part where you move everything into and back out of your garage, re-shingle your house, remove all the crap from your yard, pray that the water stays low enough on the patio that it doesn't flood the door because you forgot to lay sandbags, bathe out of a bucket because the water is gone, and hope the electricity stays up long enough for you to check your email. Other than that...yeah it's a great time to drink beer and read books because that's about all you can do other than listen to the rain :p

HaHa... Yeah, I guess I should say it's exciting when damage is not a concern (i.e. apartment) I lived in downtown Houston for Ike. We werent in danger of flooding, and we all just hunkered down and drank like fish for 4 days. Didn't lose water thank goodness.

Brewing this Sunday once the winds pass by to the east. Earl better just stay away, DON'T MESS WITH BREW DAY MAN! :mad:

I know what you mean. I'm in Plainview. My first year hallertau, Mt. Hood and tettnang better not be shredded! Either way I plan on brewing my Chocolate stout on sunday:rockin:

Yup. As long as we don't lose power and/or the big tree in the back yard doesn't smash the deck I'm going to brew on Sunday.

Should only be 40 mph wind gusts here and heavy rain in Watertown, MA

Back