Huge thumbs up for Deep Wood Brew Products!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backdrifter

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I just wanted to take a quick moment and share my wonderful experience with Deep Wood Brew Products and Kevin in specific. I recently had a disappointing purchase on eBay where I purchased a stainless conical fermenter and received an item that did not meet the seller's description. After returning it, I found DW Products and really liked the design of their Cavern fermenter. It just seemed to make more sense for how I intend to use it than an actual conical. So this Monday I purchased a 5 gallon Cavern along with a valve for it and four of their 2L keg-style growlers. I received a shipment notification an hour two later, and on Wednesday, all of my gear showed up safely due in no small part to the very professional packaging job.

Everything is made with great attention to detail. The polish on the Cavern is beautiful, and everything is solid and well-built without being needlessly heavy. The keg-style growlers are amazing. They're so small that I couldn't believe that they held 2L. I had read others on their website with the same comments. I had a half gallon glass growler around and did the test myself, and sure enough, the DW Brew growlers actually hold more volume! I bought the "gas post" tops for them too, so I'll be able to hit them with a shot of CO2 to keep the beer inside fresh for a long time. This is the perfect solution for me - the simplicity of bottling (and less of a headache with less bottles to clean, sanitize and fill) with the longevity of kegging. My long-term goal is to buy six more so I can store a full 5 gallon brew in these alone.

An added bonus with the Cavern is its ability to be both a brew kettle and fermentation vessel. I'm excited to try that out - it seems that it could simplify extract brewing quite a bit.

Here's a photo of what I got together with the economy brew kettle from Home Brew Stuff (another fantastic company to deal with!). I have no relation or vested interest in their product, I'm just a very, very satisfied customer. Highly recommended, so do yourself a favor and check out their website!

My next brew day is this Sunday, so I hope to have more feedback soon. Thanks for looking!

I stumbled across these on and ad at the top of HBT and they look super awesome. Any update with using this gear? Do you still love the product as much as when you first got it.

I'm wondering about the aluminum bottles myself because it doesn't look like there's a lip on them for the capper to grab onto. Anyone know about this?

Bench capper is probably needed

2045_1.jpg

So is the Cavern fermentor still being produced? I have two and was thinking of getting a third.

Back