huge starter krausen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdb185

Reaction score
i pitched some washed wlp550 into a 1L starter. i do mine on a stir plate and have never seen a full blown krausen before (perhaps i was asleep). there is about 4-5" of fluffy krausen on this one. i'm supposing that's what i want, right? it smells oohhh so good!

i pitched some washed wlp550 into a 1L starter. i do mine on a stir plate and have never seen a full blown krausen before (perhaps i was asleep). there is about 4-5" of fluffy krausen on this one. i'm supposing that's what i want, right? it smells oohhh so good!

it happens .. next time get a picture

obligatory picture

STA70190.JPG

yeah, mine's just about to start coming out of the glass. i'll try to charge my camera and get a pic. i guess that means the washed yeast didn't really loose much viability huh?

it was ~80ml of hard packed yeast sediment, which should have been pretty close to (probably a little over) the equivelant of a fresh vial, according to mr malty anyway.

PS: i envy your avatar! NICE

here is the pic:

krausen.jpg

Back