Huckleberry Honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thataintchicken

Reaction score
I have been experimenting with small mead batches again and am wondering, have any of you used Huckleberry Honey?

I have found some locally, and before I buy - would like to know how it tasted to you, and how it worked in your recipes.

thanks a bunch.

Not sure about huckleberry honey, but i know there was one thread where someone racked a mead onto huckleberries.

The huckleberry honey was brought up before:
Older thread
I found that huckleberry honey is usually regular honey with huckleberry puree added. That said, I really, really want to try a huckleberry mead. I think it would just be fantastic. Update the thread if you try it.

My parents live out there. How much are huckleberries a gallon? I figure a gallon is about 10 lbs. That would probably be enough for a 5 gallon batch right?

My parents live out there. How much are huckleberries a gallon? I figure a gallon is about 10 lbs. That would probably be enough for a 5 gallon batch right?

You can get them for about $4 a pound at the farmers' markets, but you can get them fresher & cheaper if you pick your own. The catch is: you have to know where to go to pick 'em. I'd say 10lbs in 5 gallons of mead would make a very nice huckleberry melomel. Regards, GF.

Back