http://www.homeboozekit.com/

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The girls looked sorta hot...

The one on the right looks underage actually..Which is probably their intended audience...

I love this pic.

hbillustration.jpg

Isn't an x over the eyes usually symbolic of death? :cross:

Or in this case just dead drunk...

Ugh... just thinking about drinking anything made this way makes my head hurt. I also think that you could get everything you needed to do this at any HBS for about $5.

This site had to be started by some 'entrepreneur' just out of prison thinking they could capitalize on selling Pruno commercially.:tank:

"Juice is liquid extract from fruits, vegetables or meat." - Mmmm, fermented meat juice!

Wow, awesome link! Thanks! Why have I been wasting valuable time and effort when it only takes 4 days to get better-tasting booze than what I can buy at the store???

I'm sure I can convert my MLT into something useful, like a planter. :D

They deal a lot with "meat juice" in prison. I'm sure someone's sally thought "This would taste better if it was alcoholic! haha. Wait a second this is a public forum. oops

It's amazing though that he was able to fabricate some "product" out of a 95cent pack of yeast buy adding a booklet and a hype website!

That article is hilarious. Reminds me of the classic EAC thread.

Dirty socks = red wine, dirty panties = white wine.

:D :D

The one on the right looks underage actually..Which is probably their intended audience...

I love this pic.

hbillustration.jpg

Isn't an x over the eyes usually symbolic of death? :cross:

Or in this case just dead drunk...

You forgot to say "Hide in back of closet" and Supplies can be hidden under your bed.

Please don't tell me this guy is making money off of this website, course I kind of wish I would have thought of that.

I like how it says ‘ready to drink’ in quotes. Just like pee is technically ‘ready to drink’ if only because you can put it in your mouth and swallow.

I don't understand? The hooch I buy from the store has bad perservamatives and chemicals? I have to brew with fresh ingredients... ohh look! The Orange juice wine recipe is high in vitamin c and potassium!

and this:

This guy did it for a lot less:

The Sneeze - Half zine. Half blog. Half not good with fractions.

QUOTE]

About made me choke on the orange I was eating. This is worth reading. Holy crap... I kind of want to read the book about prison, but it is out of print and selling for $45 on Amazon. If any one has it, I would love to borrow!

They deal a lot with "meat juice" in prison. I'm sure someone's sally thought "This would taste better if it was alcoholic! haha. Wait a second this is a public forum. oops

Thank you so much for this wonderful mental image. I shall now go bleach my eyes and ears and consume homebrew until I am satisfied that I have eradicated all brain cells with any memory of it. Which will presumably be the point at which I no longer remember why I am drinking. :cross:

"A little bit of carbonated water for liquidity."

And tinglebility.

At one of the home brew supply shops here there is a beer making kit that has less to it than even this. It's a 2 liter bottle full of wort, a screw cap, a screw cap with a one way vent (presumably) and a pack of yeast. The directions are pretty much this: add yeast, cap with vent, shake, wait x days, chill, cap with non vented cap, drink.

Can you imagine 14-year-old kids ordering this kit? I could easily see them fully capping the 2-liter bottle after adding the yeast and then having a giant fermenting hooch explosion in the closet. Then imagine the kid explaining to mom what the purple stains all over the wall and the carpet are, and what that explosion in the middle of the night was.

Imagine trying to drink that hooch after 4 days. All that yeast in suspension still. Just plain gross.

Can you imagine 14-year-old kids ordering this kit? I could easily see them fully capping the 2-liter bottle after adding the yeast and then having a giant fermenting hooch explosion in the closet. Then imagine the kid explaining to mom what the purple stains all over the wall and the carpet are, and what that explosion in the middle of the night was.

Imagine trying to drink that hooch after 4 days. All that yeast in suspension still. Just plain gross.

And can you imagine the yeast farts the next day in class???? That would end their curiosity real quick just from embarrassment.

At one of the home brew supply shops here there is a beer making kit that has less to it than even this. It's a 2 liter bottle full of wort, a screw cap, a screw cap with a one way vent (presumably) and a pack of yeast. The directions are pretty much this: add yeast, cap with vent, shake, wait x days, chill, cap with non vented cap, drink.

I saw that at mine too!!! The owner bought one just for his own amusement.

I told him they'd be good stocking stuffers!! :D

OK maybe good for a quick starter.

I think they were something like $9

Hello fellow Home Brewers and Home Wine Makers,

This is Jibran Qazi, founder of the Home Booze Kit.

The Home Booze Kit is designed for beginners and first timers - people who have NEVER made wine at home but are curious about the subject.

It is a 'gateway' kit to encourage people to learn about the awesome hobby of making wine and other alcoholic beverages at home.

I've even shared the Home Booze Kit with home wine making stores and experts who have been in the home wine making business for over 30+ years here in Vancouver.

The 'wine experts' love the fact that the Home Booze Kit actually ENCOURAGES more people to learn about the home wine making genre without getting intimidated by any 'technical' stuff.

The Home Booze kit is not 'Balloon Wine' or other cheap 2 liter pop bottle methods out there that hardly produces any drinkable alcohol.

It is a method I've personally tested for over 2 years and the effort is clearly reflected in the taste of the beverages produced by the Home Booze Kit and the alcohol percentage of minimum 8 to 12 percent - my loyal customers can tell you that.

We have hundreds of subscribers that get our weekly newsletter and they love the information and recipes we send them.

Regardless, thank you for talking about the Home Booze Kit.

Sincerely,

Jibran Qazi
Founder
Home Booze Kit

Your use of the word "booze" doesn't lead me to think about any kind of decent wine, beer or even spirit. My first impression is that it seems to be marketed to an immature audience, because no adults that I know use the word "booze" to describe anything other than cheap liquor or fortified wine. Just my opinion, not neccesarily criticism.

Thanks for the feedback ifishsum - appreciate it - if you have any more feedback - feel free to share it.

Sincerely,

Jibran Qazi
Founder
Home Booze Kit

Well homboozeguy, I think from reading this thread you probably know what we think of it. That is, we think very little of it.

I know very little about wine making, and nothing about hooch making, but I thought that orange juice was waaayyyy too acidic to turn into wine...I know when people ask about adding some to beer, people have mentioned how nasty it is.

Don't people making things like those hard lemonade have to do something to counteract the acid in the lemonade?

The Home Booze Kit is designed for beginners and first timers - people who have NEVER made wine at home but are curious about the subject.

It is a 'gateway' kit to encourage people to learn about the awesome hobby of making wine and other alcoholic beverages at home.

I've even shared the Home Booze Kit with home wine making stores and experts who have been in the home wine making business for over 30+ years here in Vancouver.

The 'wine experts' love the fact that the Home Booze Kit actually ENCOURAGES more people to learn about the home wine making genre without getting intimidated by any 'technical' stuff.

The Home Booze kit is not 'Balloon Wine' or other cheap 2 liter pop bottle methods out there that hardly produces any drinkable alcohol.

It is a method I've personally tested for over 2 years and the effort is clearly reflected in the taste of the beverages produced by the Home Booze Kit and the alcohol percentage of minimum 8 to 12 percent - my loyal customers can tell you that.

We have hundreds of subscribers that get our weekly newsletter and they love the information and recipes we send them.

Sincerely,

Jibran Qazi
Founder
Home Booze Kit

Jibran:

Thanks for taking a minute to drop in here. While it may seem we're just poking a lot of fun at your product, you have to understand that as brewers, many of us are committed to brewing the absolute highest quality beer, wine, and cider that we can achieve. That said, many of us keep a carboy full of hard cider (apple juice, dextrose, champagne yeast) going, which provides us with plenty of high-ABV cider, at a cost of $5 a gallon or less.

My only problem is that your marketing methods encourage the image of home brewing (encompassing wine and cider too) as something people do to get a cheap drunk. While I'm sure all of us can relate to drinking plenty of our own products on some fairly good benders, it's really not the primary reason most of us brew.

Honestly, I wish I'd thought of a way to sell $1 worth of sugar and $3 worth of yeast for $12, and I hope you have good luck. I just wouldn't expect to see a ton of business from brewers like us.

I know very little about wine making, and nothing about hooch making, but I thought that orange juice was waaayyyy too acidic to turn into wine...I know when people ask about adding some to beer, people have mentioned how nasty it is.
QUOTE]

I looked at the OJ wine recipe over on the hooch site, as I thought the same thing... it is mostly grape juice by volume in the recipe.

Not on my list.

Atlanta may be a good place for a marketing campaign... the "Hooch" (Chatahoochee River) runs throuhg the city...

And somebody needs to explain to me what I am doing wrong with my quotes... I will figure it out someday I guess!

Sincerely,

Jibran Qazi
Founder
Home Booze Kit

This isn't a "gateway," product that's going to take that spark of interest and turn people into series hobbyists. That may very well have been your intention, but the people who buy this product are going to be teenagers who want to make pruno or prison wine in their closet. The "method" that you say you've "tested for over 2 years," is taking juice and adding sugar and yeast? You, sir, are a genius. You discovered fermentation!

You have taken our hobby, cheapened it to it's lowest common denominator, and made it readily available to any child with a 30 second attention span and an extra soda bottle laying around. What's worse, the name "home booze," makes it blatantly clear that it's not about making a quality product, but about getting drunk with little regard to what it is you're drinking.

I can already see in a few years your product popping up on Fox News. "The latest teenage trend: If you can't buy it, make it!" I have no doubt that this product will make a large profit for you, and that you couldn't care less what I think about it. I just hope you don't undo the progress that groups like Free The Hops have been working their tails off to make.

Edited: Oh... looks like I fell victim to a troll. Well, crap. What's up with that, is it troll day today? There's been at least two so far.

I am still intrigued by the definition of juice that includes meat in the list of sources... I am sensing a possible copyright infringement issue with EdWort's Porkfelwein....

As of now, I am laying claim to Baconwein, FiletMignonwein, and Ribeyewein....

I am still intrigued by the definition of juice that includes meat in the list of sources... I am sensing a possible copyright infringement issue with EdWort's Porkfelwein....

As of now, I am laying claim to Baconwein, FiletMignonwein, and Ribeyewein....

You might have to fight olllllo for the rights to the Baconwein. His Bacon Vodka might come too close. :D

Back