HSA? I don't think it exists But?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerD

Reaction score
I was planning on doing a ten gallon batch this week and just realized I may have a problem fighting gravity. I've been draining my MLT directly into my brew pot and then putting the pot up on the burner (I boil with my burner up on a table so I can drain through CFC). I don't want to lift a rather full and heavy kettle up that high due to potential catastrophe. Any HSA concern with filling buckets from MLT and just pouring them into my kettle in place?

I've filled buckets and dumped them into the kettle with no problems whatsoever. I never even think about HSA.... big breweries don't have to stress it, so I figure my little 5 gallons will be just fine.

I think that breweries do think about it though.

To put it in perspective, do you think THESE GUYS worry about it? :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3uyKjLTWJA]YouTube - Transferring from Mash Tun to Boil Kettle[/ame]

Looks pretty "falling through the air" to me. AND OMFG, her even blew into his Mashtun....The horror.;)

JerD don't worry about it....Our beer is stronger than that...

:mug:

Back