How's it going?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonathanh96

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I'm Jonathan from California 27 years old and been brewing for about 6 months, mostly been extracts but just started my All-Grain adventure (I brewed one All-Grain beer)

I have a Brewzilla 65L and my preferred beer style is Belgians and Hazy IPAs (though I do like many others)

Most of my brewing has been by using MoreBeer or Northern Brewer kits, though my first beer was a Brewer's Best off Amazon. (Belgian Tripel that I added Cranberry flavoring to)
I typically don't mess with the recipes too much but want to start venturing out and making my own recipes and to do that I need to learn from you guys, and pick your brains!

Other hobbies I like to do include working on cars (I have a '01 Porsche Boxster with all kinds of goodies and a '01 F250 7.3 Turbo diesel pushing about double the factory HP/Torque)
I also enjoy smoking meats, riding Dirt Bikes, Quads, going to the river and I'm currently in the process of acquiring my Skydiving License (so yes, I am insane. -- I jump out of perfectly good airplanes)

Welcome from Missouri. We've got a few quirky folks here as well. Enjoy the ride.
Thanks, glad to be here
Welcome from Colorado.
Thanks, I have family out in Parker, CO.
Welcome from Colorado. The home of Fleeting Smoke and the Cracked Bell Inn
Howdy and welcome from Texas.
Texas is definitely a lot better than here haha!
Welcome to the madness we call a hobby from Alabama. And you are in good hands here. We are all perfectly sane. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Alabama is awesome! I was in Foley, AL for work and I stayed at the Wharf in Orange Beach! Absolutely beautiful even though you guys get a random storm every day around 3:30 PM without fail. *shrugs*

Thanks, glad to be here

Texas is definitely a lot better than here haha!

Alabama is awesome! I was in Foley, AL for work and I stayed at the Wharf in Orange Beach! Absolutely beautiful even though you guys get a random storm every day around 3:30 PM without fail. *shrugs*
It's a small, small world near Parker.

Welcome from the San Francisco Bay area. I, like you, mess with cars but mine are a bit on the older side. 56 Chevy Belair and a 69 Chevy C10 are on the list. The C10 my son gave up on, so I thought I would try my hand at it. Got it going but runs hot. I need to check the thermostat and see if it is stuck closed. 56 I just took the motor out and redid the pan, front and rear seals. Motor is in, but the headers are giving me problems getting it past the steering box, so gonna need my son's help with that one. Either way, welcome to the hobby. Don't be afraid to change some things around, that is the fun of it. And you won't find a better group to offer you advice, opinions and solutions to darn near any problem. So, Rock On!!!!!! LOL

Welcome from the San Francisco Bay area. I, like you, mess with cars but mine are a bit on the older side. 56 Chevy Belair and a 69 Chevy C10 are on the list. The C10 my son gave up on, so I thought I would try my hand at it. Got it going but runs hot. I need to check the thermostat and see if it is stuck closed. 56 I just took the motor out and redid the pan, front and rear seals. Motor is in, but the headers are giving me problems getting it past the steering box, so gonna need my son's help with that one. Either way, welcome to the hobby. Don't be afraid to change some things around, that is the fun of it. And you won't find a better group to offer you advice, opinions and solutions to darn near any problem. So, Rock On!!!!!! LOL
Little bit far from me! I'm out here in Southern California.

Latest posts

Back