How would you dry hop this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolcats

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I did a 3 gallon batch IPA and put them into 3 different 1 gallon carboys. I used S-04 yeast in 2 of them and US-05 in 1.

How would you dry hop these if you were me? Should i do the 3Cs in all carboys or should i do all columbus in 1 all centennial in the other? What would it change? Which one with 05 or 04?

Below is the recipe.

Weird grain bill but that's all i had left)

OG 1.060
154F Mash temp
65F Fermentation temp

7.2lbs of grains
40% 2 row
27% pilsner
20% munich
6% crystal caramel 40
4% caramunich
3% vienna

0.6oz columbus @ 60
0.3oz centennial @ 20
0.6oz columbus @ 15
0.6oz centennial @ 15
0.6oz cascade @ 10
0.6oz centennial @ 5
1.2oz columbus @ 0
1.2oz centennial @ 0
0.6oz cascade @ 0

341525IMG2636.jpg

Well, Centennial is KING OF THE HOPS so I'd be tempted to just Centennial-bomb 'em all. But, you'd be foolish not to do a little experimentation here. You have a good option of doing three different dry hops and seeing what the differences are. Up to you. Maybe do one Centennial, one Cascade, one all three? See which you like the best // if you can even tell the difference between Cascade and Centennial. Maybe put a :goat: in one.

I would do .5 oz of Centennial and .25 oz of Cascade and Columbus in each gallon. Or halve those amounts if you don't like a really pungent IPA.

I would do 0.5 oz Centennial, 0.25 oz Cascade, 0.25 oz Columbus in each gallon. Or halve those amounts if you don't want a super pungent IPA.

Back