How to use this PiD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timcadieux

Reaction score
So i used this thing about 2 months ago and it worked fine. Getting ready for a brew day tomorrow and i cannot for the life of me get this thing to work.

I have the syl2342. I downloaded the pdf and have tried to follow the instructions but what I'm looking for is how to set automatic, at say 154f then switch to manual at say 80% .

This document only talks of sv and pv. No matter what setting i attempt to is, my elements say on. Ideally if the pv says 150 and I set manual to 110, shouldn't the elements simply shutoff until it cools?

Pressing "A/M" should switch you between Automatic and Manual mode. When the A-M indicator light is on you are in manual mode.

You write that you set manual to 110, but that shouldn't be possible since manual mode is a range from 0-100% output. If you were to set the temperature SV to 110 in automatic mode and the PV is 150 it should not be running the element.

Make sure you are not in manual mode. In either mode, when you press the "SET" button you can switch the SV display from temperature to output percentage (it will have A or M depending on the mode). In automatic mode only the temperature can be changed while it modulates the output, and in manual mode only the output can be changed while the temeperature setting remains from what you set it to last while in automatic mode.

If all that is correct, try running an autotune again.

Back