How to make a beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iNSENCEo28

Reaction score
Please teach mo how to make a beer using this ingredients

Cream of tartar
Lemon
Yeast
Rice sprout
Leaves / Kamote leaves
Sugar

Please teach mo how to make a beer using this ingredients

Cream of tartar
Lemon
Yeast
Rice sprout
Leaves / Kamote leaves
Sugar

Without barley, this would not be concidered a beer. At best, I think you'd be able to come up with a lemon-herb rice wine (sake).

Are you trying to make Tapuy? Or something like it?

There's an article on making it here. Tapuy - Filipino Rice Wine: How to Make

He's not spamming, guys...if you bothered to google "tarlac," like I just did, you would have found that Tarlic is a landlocked province of the Philippines located in the Luzon Island. Its capital is Tarlac City. If you then google Phillipino Fermented Beverages, and throw in some of the ingredients Rice Sprout and Kamoto leaves, you would then come upon Tapuy, a fermented rice wine.

Suthrncomfrt1884 was pretty close in his estimation....Since Tapuy is "The Ceremonial Rice Wine of the Cordilleras. Sometimes called 'Filipino sake'. "

I don't know if they eat spam in the Phillipines, but the OP wasn't spamming, he was looking for actual information....Easily found by me by doing a little digging and not just making an assumption on his character.

Interesting, but according to something else I'm now reading , something like a sourdough? bread starter is used in some forms of it. Called a Bupod.

Kinda reminds me of the Bappir Bread baked to make beer in Ancient Mesopotamia.

This is going to be fun doing some more digging. I love learning about indigenous brews. Maybe we can beat Sam Caligione, and blow chicha out of the water.

Interesting, but according to something else I'm now reading , something like a sourdough? bread starter is used in some forms of it. Called a Bupod.

Kinda reminds me of the Bappir Bread baked to make beer in Ancient Mesopotamia.

This is going to be fun doing some more digging. I love learning about indigenous brews. Maybe we can beat Sam Caligione, and blow chicha out of the water.

now that's pretty cool! :mug:

Opened for me

How to Make Rice Wine Starter Culture (Bubod)
Contributed by Rice Chemistry and Food Science Division
Monday, 05 March 2007
Last Updated Wednesday, 20 August 2008
You will need:
Rice flour (ordinary rice)
Mother starter culture (bubod)
Ginger extract
Sterile distilled water
1. Peel and grate ginger. Add water, mix well and strain.
2. Mix rice flour and ginger extract thoroughly to form a dough.
3. Coat the dough with powdered mother bubod.
4. Place the patties on tray lined with fine screen and incubate for 28 to 48 hours.
5. Oven-dry.
6. Place the bubod in a clean jar and store in the refrigerator or in a dry place.
Make sure that your raw materials such as ginger extract, rice flour, and mother bubod are clean. Coat the dough
with powdered mother bubod.
Use a clean jar to store the bubod.

with ginger? that sounds awesome!
i'd like to know more about this too, sounds interesting... keep digging revvy!

Here's the information from that pdf,

Tapuy is an ethnic, mild alcoholic beverage with a sweet and sour taste prepared by
the Ifugao people living in the hills of northern Philippines. Tapuy is prepared by
washing, cooking, and cooling glutinous rice, and after placing in a clay pot, pulverized
bubod is sprinkled over it. The pot is covered with cheesecloth and incubated
in a cool place for 2 weeks (Tanimura et al. 1977). Saccharomycopsis fibuligera,
Rhodotorula glutinis, Debaromyces hansenii, Candida parapsilosis, Trichosporon
fennicum, and LAB including some species of Leuconostoc constitute the microbial
consortia of tapuy (Uyenco and Gacutan (1977) mainly supplemented by bubod.
Reducing sugars in tapuy are 4.1%–5.2%, pH is 3.3–4.9, and the ethanol content is
13.5%–19.1% (Tanimura et al. 1977).

Back