How to keep syphon from sliding around?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
So I have an auto syphon I think the name is. If I manage to hold it completely still the black knob on the end in the bucket is the perfect height and sucks up no trub. But it slides very easily and if I move the littlest bit by accident it slides and disturbs the crap on the bottom and sucks some down.

How do you prevent this? My old manual syphon had a clip on the clipped it to the bucket but the auto syphon is too big for the clip to fit.

they make clips for the autosiphon too...that's what I used before I broke mine :)

I use one of these.

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/index.php?cPath=178_59_551

The nice thing is you can prop up one side of your fermenter and angle you autosiphon to the low side and get even more of the beer out of the fermenter. I can get a couple of extra yeast free (well as yeast free as you can get) bottles per batch this way.

What I like about this is you can jam the black end of the autosiphon into the corner of your fermenter and it wont move thus wont stir up yeast.

I will have to check my LHBS where I bought the auto-syphon maybe they have the clips?

I use one of these.

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/index.php?cPath=178_59_551

The nice thing is you can prop up one side of your fermenter and angle you autosiphon to the low side and get even more of the beer out of the fermenter. I can get a couple of extra yeast free (well as yeast free as you can get) bottles per batch this way.

What I like about this is you can jam the black end of the autosiphon into the corner of your fermenter and it wont move thus wont stir up yeast.

I hold mine so it's in the middle of the fermenter and gradually move it down as the level drops. Then I don't have to worry about siphoning close to the trub until right at the end.

Back