How to keep from fermenting dry?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjsscram

Reaction score
If I want to make a drink with some sugar left (sweet taste), which way would be the best to go about this.

thanks

You can also add certain adjuncts that can raise the level of unfermentables that will add sweetness but not affect alcohol content. Lactose, for example, is non-fermentable and is used in some stouts to add sweetness.

Certain specialty grains, such as crystal and carapils, contain a percentage of nonfermentable sugars, so adding those to a grain bill will make for a sweeter, more full bodied beer. I often add just a bit of both of those to most brews just to be sure that I get a bit of richness to a brew.

Don't add more than 1kg (2.2lbs) of sugars to the wort. That's why I use DME/LME's instead. And only use aroma/flavor hops,as they're lower AA%. These can give a malt-forward brew,to something with good balance of malt & hops. Many combinations can be had,depending on the hops used,& how much.
Over & above the style & amount of malt used,& amount of total wort.

Back