How to keep beer warm?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izuel01

Reaction score
Hi I am going to buy a piece of equipment to keep my beer at roughly 22 degrees Celsius as I live in a cold place an it's roughly 15 here was wondering best types of equipment for cheap to run and effectiveness thanks

Can you adjust and maintain the temp on a brew belt or is a immersion heater the beat bet just I need to keep it at 22 degrees celsius?

Ok thanks and I'll have to Have a look on the net to try find a temp controller and as for moving to Florida I wish unfortunately it's like -10 to 7 degrees Celsius here in England lol

A lot of folks are using an ebay temp controller, which you can get relatively cheap.

yup! connect that to a 60w incandessant bulb, and you have a 60w heater. a 100w bulb = a 100w heater. just put the bulb in an old coffee or soup can. that protects the glass bulb and blocks beer-skunking light. you want the heat, not the light.

cheap and easy.

I plan to build a warm chamber with a ceramic heater and perhaps one of these prebuilt contorllers for reptiles http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002CZ0J3E/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 if there is no need to go cooler than 60, it seems much easier than building one and pretty cheap (27.95). my only concern would be how accurate the thermistat is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made a fermwrap with heating tape and a wire set, about $11 total from Reptile Basics, Inc. Get 2 feet of 11 inch tape, the wire/clip/insulator set, request they assemble and you are good to go.

Put it on a batch I made last night and was amazed at how much heat it generates.

Back