How to get hieneken labels off?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcbandit

Reaction score
OK so a buddy at work gave me a bunch of heineken bottles and he the labels are a pain to get off. Does anyone have any tricks? I've tried soaking them in hot water and oxyclean.

I love green bottles. I like to see when they are full so I know when to turn off the bottling bucket valve. I intentionally buy lots of St. Paulies Girl, Becks, and Heinies just so I can bottle my German lagers in the correct bottles. I also just keep them out of the light and sun.
I peel heine labels off with a razor blade and then use Trich. 111 to remove adhesive. ( that is automotive brakleen)
It is some work but what else are we going to do in our spare time.

Thanks I'll try some break cleaner and I already have a lot of 20oz brown bottles but I wanted to keep to the German style like fastengine said

WD-40 sprayed on the outside of the bottle will remove most adhesives on the bottle that have been left behind by labels. And liquid soap will remove the WD-40.
:mug:

I tried to do a hiney bomber bottle. After having to peal it off then to use solvent to remove glue I found it wasn't worth my time. So I only did one. Leave them on now since they don't leave a paper trail when I soak then in sanitizer.

Back