How to fill HLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

FenoMeno

Reaction score
No more dirty water hoses...Just bought a water filter (dupont) and looking for some slick ideas on how to tranfer that clean H20 to the HLT. Hard plum? silicone to drain tube barb? What you guys got?
:D

samc

Reaction score
I hooked up an outdoor outlet from my RO filter system, then I connect a faucet to it and let er rip.

BlackTieBrewing

Reaction score
I have my filter mounted on my brew stand and just run pvc tubing from the filter to my hlt. I use a cable tie and attach it to the handle area of my keggle so the tubing aims into the pot.

jjyoung

Reaction score
+1 on RV-grade garden hose. It's food grade, so why go complicated when simple will do the job. Save the complicated solutions for things which will really improve your process.

Duckfoot

Reaction score
+2 on the RV hose... Although I did put some QD's on the faucet... And I do have a whole house filter anyways...

JayBullen

Reaction score
Have mine hard plumbed to above the HLT, used 3/4 PEX over from a filter, with a ball valve and some brass fittings for a downspout. My setup is three tiered and stationary, so all the plumbing is up in the ceiling and out of the way.

OP
FenoMeno

FenoMeno

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
Well I have city water that has a chemical'ish smell/taste. I do have a marine/rv hose I was using. Yesterday I bought a Dupont filter system that is supposed to reduce Chlorine (among other things) and was going to mount it on my brew stand.

I was planning on putting a T Splitter on the inlet side of the filter with a small hose (unfiltered) for cleanup, and the filtered heading to the HLT. I was just going to buy another short RV hose for the output, but then thought maybe there was another idea to avoid having yet another hose hanging around.