How to design my 3 vessel system

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Don T

Reaction score
In advance I apologize for my English so please bear with me.

Hi, I'm looking to design my own vessels for a 3-Vessel Prep System (HERMS system & 50 gal & stainless steel & same height orientation with 2 pumps) but I am completely new to this world, I know how to use Solidworks for designs, what I need help with is where my holes have to go , which are necessary (such as for recirculating, whirlpooling, draining etc.) at what height should they go and what is needed at least to make them work (HLT MT & BK). Since it's just a design, let's say budget is no problem.

or am I overthinking it? If there is a book, video or forum to which you can direct to for helping me with the disng I would thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Beer4All

Reaction score
Check out Kal's walkthrough over at the Electric Brewery. Its made for a 10 gallon setup but can be scaled up it needed.

OP
D

Don T

Reaction score
Check out Kal's walkthrough over at the Electric Brewery. Its made for a 10 gallon setup but can be scaled up it needed.

Much appreciated!

Beer4All

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of keeping the hose runs as short as possible.
Good point. I have actually shortened all the hoses from what I started with to get as short as possible.
I use the MKII pumps and have on the lower level of my cart.