How to clean boil over on burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyMcHopster

Reaction score
Had my first boil over on my new Blichmann top tier burner and now its got this charred black layer on top. Any ideas on how to best clean this?

Thanks

Wear gloves and be in a well ventilated area if you go the oven cleaner route. That's my last ditch solution for tough grime, and it's amazing, but it's pretty much pure lye, so be careful.

Green scrubbie sponge and baking soda paste works well. SS or metal brush if all else fails. PBW is a good choice as well.

You would have been better to kill the heat and clean it at that moment... I let some wort cook for 90 minutes on my stove top and it was impermeable to any type of chemical. I ended up using greased lightening and razor blades (on a brand new cook top over range ) needless to say the rest of my brewing has taken place out doors

Wear gloves and be in a well ventilated area if you go the oven cleaner route. That's my last ditch solution for tough grime, and it's amazing, but it's pretty much pure lye, so be careful.

Can you recommend any products? Is this safe to use on stainless steel/Blichmann top tier burner?

You would have been better to kill the heat and clean it at that moment... I let some wort cook for 90 minutes on my stove top and it was impermeable to any type of chemical. I ended up using greased lightening and razor blades (on a brand new cook top over range ) needless to say the rest of my brewing has taken place out doors

Thought about killing the heat and cleaning but I had around 6.5 gallons of boiling wort in the kettle and didnt really know where else to put it.

Back