How to clad a kettle in wood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsearle

Reaction score
Apologies to ask what has surely been covered before (but I've not been able to find exactly what I'm looking for), but I'm looking for some help in describing how to fix wood cladding to a stainless steel kettle?

I know commercial versions may use metal rings to hold the wood in place, but that's beyond my means, so I'm wondering what people have done to replicate the appearance (and hide the insulation etc)?

My idea at the moment is to use big metal strap (the kind you screw tighter and tighter) to hold the insulation in place, and use them to also hold wooden blocks to the kettle, then screw the cladding to these blocks?

If anyone has a better way to do this I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

Apologies to ask what has surely been covered before (but I've not been able to find exactly what I'm looking for), but I'm looking for some help in describing how to fix wood cladding to a stainless steel kettle?

I know commercial versions may use metal rings to hold the wood in place, but that's beyond my means, so I'm wondering what people have done to replicate the appearance (and hide the insulation etc)?

My idea at the moment is to use big metal strap (the kind you screw tighter and tighter) to hold the insulation in place, and use them to also hold wooden blocks to the kettle, then screw the cladding to these blocks?

If anyone has a better way to do this I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

I did this with a keg I had. I used plywood. At the top opening I cut a ring where it would fit over the keg and then a circular piece at the bottom. I used insulation safe glue to glue the plywood down and then nailed the strips of wood I cut down. See this: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=528153&page=3

Back