How to attach propane burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpbergie

Reaction score
How do most people attach stand alone propane burners if it didnt come with a stand? Is welding pretty much the only option here? I see alot of burners for sale, but come without stands, and I think I want to look into making one.

seems that most burners have a hole or two (or three) on the bottom for mounting purposes. If not I don't see how it could hurt to drill a small hole or two and use self tapping metal screws. all the gas and flame is going to go up no matter what so I don't seee how it would interfere with function.

I used some thin metal strips with pre-drilled holes and just hand-bent them as hangers for my burners on my 3-tier. I just used metal screws to attach that to my stand. Probably not ideal, but it works. What kind of stand are you making?

This pic kind of shows what I'm talking about.

brew_stand_plumbing.JPG

Im not sure what im going to build yet, but i have a Bajno turkey frying and it works well for me, except that it is only about a foot off the ground. I recently made a keggle and realize that Im not going to want to move it around.

That picture helps. It gives me some ideas.

Back