How to attach a wooden side to a stainless steel work bench?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhommedieu

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to attach some equipment to the front of this work bench. How would you attach a wooden side to the front?

stainless steel work table.jpg

If you’re looking to avoid drilling trough the stainless I’d bore a hole through a block of wood slightly larger than the legs, cut it in half, glue it back around the legs, and then screw into it.

Attach hop filter and chiller, and a couple of pumps.
I'll offer an alternative idea. I have a similar table for a 3 vessel 2 pump system. I added a three tier wire shelving unit under on the lower shelf. My pumps and plate chiller rest on that, plus I use the additional shelving for hoses and other stuff. I trimmed mine slightly to fit. One side of the one I purchased could be cut, the other has I think a threaded inside for the legs. Just an idea. Wood gets dirty, it's porous. You can certainly treat it if you want and it might be cheaper. Something with a drawer might be nice too but I didn't look for anything like that. I also wanted to keep my rig shiny.
1590612011309.png

I guess I could always cut that piece of SS that I have to size and attach it to the top and bottom of the work bench with SS bolts and nuts.

Back