How Safe is this? (Apfelwein in Secondary)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skier!

Reaction score
00001rl6.jpg

I had 5 gallons of my version of Apfelwein in primary from 2/24-4-13.

I just moved the A-wine into a glass secondary 4/13 where I am going to leave it for a month or two. I just bought this glass carboy and my rubber stoppers won't fit. I have a few layers of plastic wrap and it is sealed pretty tight with rubber bands. There are also 5 camden tablets in there. Is there any way this could go bad in the shortterm?

Sorry for the sideways pic.

I wouldn't think it would be bad at all. If your fermentation is completely done and you've got the tablets in there you should be fine.

you should have just bottled it, its good after a month typically. Oh well, just get a carboy cap for it and call it good next time, should be fine.

EdWort said:
Should be fine. Just don't leave it on its side very long though.

LOL!

In case anyone is wondering why my a-wine is dark and cloudy I used a juice that is made of 100% macs and was alot darker than regular blended juices. Hopefully this clears up this was kind of an experiment...:tank:

I was a little... out of it the other night and decided that turning my head to get a good look at the picture wasn't a good idea, so I just picked up my laptop, turned it sideways, sat it down, and checked it out like that for a while.

I see no problem with that setup, though. Looks like it should hold out fine. I'm going to be using some saran wrap to seal the leaks for my blowoff tube soon.

Latest posts

Back