How old are you? (Poll)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you? (Poll)

• < 21

• 21-26

• 27-32

• 33-38

• 39-44

• 45-50

• 51-56

• 57-62

• 63-68

• 68+

Results are only viewable after voting.

LVBen

Reaction score
I'm curious about the distribution in age of us homebrewers. At 30, my body is falling apart, and I'm pretty sure some of the more difficult tasks in homebrewing will eventually keep me from brewing or force me to upgrade to a much more expensive system. I'm also curious at what age homebrewers stop homebrewing altogether. There was a previous age poll. It is a few years old, and I'd rather get new numbers from current homebrewers, so I made this new one!

I can see it now il have pully systems all over my garage. Massive thermometers and gauges. Its gonna be great

Buy the expensive system now and get ahead of the statistics.

I'm just not quite quite ready to spend $1500 on a brewing system. My next big purchase will probably be a real brewing kettle in the $200-$300 range. I'm currently using a 10 gal stock pot.

. . . My next big purchase will probably be a real brewing kettle in the $200-$300 range.
Not only am I one of only a few old f**ks on HBT, but now I find out that my hundred dollar 62qt stainless Bayou brew pot isn't even real.

Damn, might as well give up brewing. :D

Not only am I one of only a few old f**ks on HBT, but now I find out that my hundred dollar 62qt stainless Bayou brew pot isn't even real.

Damn, might as well give up brewing. :D

I have a 40-quart pot. It works, but I'd prefer something with a built-in thermometer, ball valve, and a false bottom.

59 here, I have to move my 250# ferment chamber from the garage to the basement. I will do it Monday when it warms up. I plan things now, it used to be I just did it.

thedartedash said:
you also must consider the age of people who use the internet in general.

Yes, at 49, I'm in the middle of the age spectrum of my home brew club (www.bossbeer.org). My sense is the average user here is a little younger, perhaps. That's just my sense, not scientific.

Yes, at 49, I'm in the middle of the age spectrum of my home brew club (www.bossbeer.org). My sense is the average user here is a little younger, perhaps. That's just my sense, not scientific.

you're in boss? now i really have to attend a meeting. i'm still kicking myself for missing the september meeting. it was literally 2 minutes from my house. :eek:

Im 31. My dad is 70 and can chop through a cord of oak with a splitting maul while my mom who is only a few years behind him stacks it, and I feel im at my peak physically now, and think ill stay here for about 5-8 more years. I attribute the youthfulness to a lifelong vegetarian diet that my parents passed down to me. I have friends that are my age, and ive been watching them eat burgers and fries every day for lunch for the last 10 years and they are finished, physically. I will stop brewing never, ill just buy a system with a pump or make some of my bastard grandchildren lift whatever is heavy.

About to turn 33 and hitting my second peak of fitness (I went on a tear in 2007). I'm in better shape now than when I was in the Army, seriously. I do it for the brew! I want my lower back to stay strong until I'm at least 70.

Airborneguy said:
About to turn 33 and hitting my second peak of fitness (I went on a tear in 2007). I'm in better shape now than when I was in the Army, seriously. I do it for the brew! I want my lower back to stay strong until I'm at least 70.

Brewing helps me to stay fit as well, mostly because since I've been brewing I drink WAY more beer than I used to, and im not even remotely interested in picking up one of these:

th_fat_guy.jpg

you're in boss? now i really have to attend a meeting. i'm still kicking myself for missing the september meeting. it was literally 2 minutes from my house. :eek:

The next meeting is next Friday, in Kankakee, I think. If you go to the website www.bossbeer.org and look at the current month's newsletter, you'll find all the info.

Looks like I'm the only one under 21 so far.

Before anyone starts worrying about me being underage, I'm in the UK. We can brew and drink from 18, so I might have been the youngest person legally on the site when I joined at 19 to get advice on how to brew in my university halls of residence.

Looks like I'm the only one under 21 so far.

Before anyone starts worrying about me being underage, I'm in the UK. We can brew and drink from 18, so I might have been the youngest person legally on the site when I joined at 19 to get advice on how to brew in my university halls of residence.

nope. we had an 18 year old from canada(i think). it caused a little bit of a ruckus.

Just turned 26. I've been homebrewing pretty much since I turned 21

I'll celebrate the 36th anniversary of my 29th birthday in about two weeks. I'm in better shape now than I was ten years ago [I pedal my stationary bike over seven miles a day, and do a upper body workout while pedaling], and I have no problem moving a full Better Bottle...either a 5 gallon or a 6 gallon...from the floor to the kitchen counter. I plan to keep on brewing until I fall over dead!

glenn514:mug:

I'm 21, almost 22 and I have only been brewing for 11 months, however I had made barley and hop drinks which were contaminated with yeast, which then made me feel funny ;) No clue what that could have been....

Back