how often do you home brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithabusa

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch back in mid October of last year, and have done a total of 14 five gallon extract batches now.

4 batches of pumpkin spiced brown ale
2 batches of Belgian white delicious
2 batches of holiday cheer
1 batch of gingerbread brown ale
1 batch of Belgian Tripel (still aging)
1 batch of brewers best Belgian caramel wit (waiting to keg)
1 batch of rivers bend nut brown
1 batch of rivers bend nut brown with addition of pumpkin pie spice
1 batch of oatmeal stout

I seem to brew about 3 batches per month, haven't bottled any, kegged it all so far, have a beverage air Kegerator with 3 taps. My wife has very similar beer tastes so she helps with consumption lol.

Greg

I've been thinking of getting a largr brew pot to start doing full boils, but don't think a 9 gallon or larger will fit in my sink for bringing temps down, and don't have a wort chiller yet (don't have any faucets in the house with water hose fitting to hook up). Would like to eventually get into all grain, but still having fun and really enjoying the beer from extract kits and not looking forward to the additional tine required for all grain.

Been doing extract brews for about a year, never had a failed brew, only one brew I didn't particularly enjoy. Soon I will step up to partial mashing.

I've been thinking of getting a largr brew pot to start doing full boils, but don't think a 9 gallon or larger will fit in my sink for bringing temps down, and don't have a wort chiller yet (don't have any faucets in the house with water hose fitting to hook up). Would like to eventually get into all grain, but still having fun and really enjoying the beer from extract kits and not looking forward to the additional tine required for all grain.

You can get a faucet adapter for your kitchen sink for a couple of dollars.

I brew about once per month, but I'd like to brew more. I have my first kid due any day now so something tells me I'm going to be brewing less.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to do that. I just squeezed in my last pre-baby batch today (Union Jack Clone). My wife is great so I'm sure I'll be able to brew some here and there.

Brew as much as you can while they are immobile. That is the best advice I can give.

Yep. Though when they hit walking and a bit beyond, they really like to help.

I let my five year old and three year old throw in the hops for my last batch; the (not quite) two year old was unhappy that he didn't have any, so he started scrounging little sticks and leaves to throw in. It was an adventure preventing those! :D

I go to work, pick up my check, cash and deposit, then go online and buy ingredients and occasionally equipment upgrades. I get paid bi-weekly.

DubBrew said:
I brew about once per month, but I'd like to brew more. I have my first kid due any day now so something tells me I'm going to be brewing less.

But you'll want to drink more!

In another couple of kegs I will officially have a pipeline. At the moment I have two chest freezers, one for fermentation and one for serving. I have to wait 2 weeks for ferment to end before I can use my fermenting chest so 2 beers every two weeks is the most I can do.

Back