How often do you brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sitting here preparing for brewing tomorrow and I got curious as to how often everyone brews. I personally brew about once a week usually on saturday or sunday. If i get lucky on my weekend off i brew two beers, which is what i'm doing tomorrow.Yeah buddy!

I haven't brewed nearly enough in the time that I've been brewing. Maybe 12 batches in the 1 1/2 years if you count Mr. Beer. I just started my first AG today, and now that brewing is a bit more affordable (minus everything I spent to get here) my goal is a batch every month-45 days.

All I can tell you is that I don't brew nearly enough. Last year I brewed only a couple times. The problem I have is that I'm just about the only one who drinks my beer so it lasts a very long time.

usually about once every two weeks for me. sometimes twice a week though. so it varies. right now i've got two beers that are ready to go in the keg and no empty kegs.... such a wonderful situation!!!! : )

Yup I'm like Richbrewer

I don't brew neary enough but I'm the only one who drinks my beer so it lasts quite a while....I try and get 1 in a month though.

I brewed today and it's the first time in 2 months! I almost forgot what I was doing! JK

Well, I brewed the limit last year (wink, wink)...so I have left overs...

I've brewed 12 batches so far this year...

I have 2 kegs on tap 8 in the keezer and 7 in the garage, bottled a batch this morning...about 8 cases of assorted Meads and Hard Ciders aging...4 batches waiting in pri and 2ndaries...

I just got in another shipment of 110# of Extra Light DME yesterday...planning on brewing tomorrow...another 55# of Wheat DME are on the way...

Answer: Apparently, not enough?? :D

I average about every other week, but that's an average...I might take a few weeks off, and then do a bunch of batches in two weekends. My goal lately has been to brew faster than I can drink, so that I have a variety. Drinking one batch, then the next, then the next, etc. can get boring. Once I have a nice stockpile, I'll be able to just maintain.

Now that I can do single batches in the house, I'll be brewing at least every other week. I'll probably start averaging 3 times per month...

We have been doing a 5 gal batch every week for almost a month now and it has been a great time. I wish I would have started doing this years ago, sitting around on a Friday or Saturday night. Its a great way to bring friends and people togeather.

my lady and i are at about a batch a month lately but thats mostly due to needing to improve the setup with a counterflow chiller and having to drive all over the map getting parts here and there. now that thats operational we will probably try to brew every other weekend until the supplies are stocked again.

I have been doing 10 gal batches at least once or twice a week for quite awhile now.I have 6 taps going now all the time. And I dont never seem to run out..

keiths said:
I have been doing 10 gal batches at least once or twice a week for quite awhile now.I have 6 taps going now all the time. And I dont never seem to run out..
You guys muse either drink one He!! of a lot of beer, or I am jealous of the # of friends you have.

I've been filling 2 primary's a week for about 5 weeks now...but most are 1 or 3 gallon batches. I've only brewed 4 full 5 gallon batches this year.

I kind of go in cycles. I'll brew pretty frequently until I have a bunch on my hands and it's getting drunk too slowly. Then I end up going on hiatus until I can catch up a bit. Though I recently got my keg setup completed so despite the 100+ bottles of other beer I had to make four batches to fill up four cornies. :D

Every other week works for me.

Not too much stocking up, but not too little where I have to go and buy beer.

I brew when I get the chance. The average is a little better than once a month.

Craig

During the school year, once every other monthish. Over the summer, two to three times a week, depending on fermintation space. I LOVE TEACHING!!!!! all the time in the world over the summer.

2-3 times per week on average :)

i tend to get overstocked, then i start giving it away and bringing it to parties. can't wait until i get my chest freezer, then it's ON!

jay8s said:
During the school year, once every other monthish. Over the summer, two to three times a week, depending on fermintation space. I LOVE TEACHING!!!!! all the time in the world over the summer.

Ah yes the joys of teaching! I teach middle school and I find that 1-2 5 gallon batches a month is about all the workload allows from Sept to June after that I brew like crazy all summer-sometimes 2-3 batches per week if there is a camping trip or get together happening-the homebrew has been a great way to get other teachers to drink good beer and to "cope" with 13 year olds!:p

Not enough lately. I averaged a brew about every 9 days last year, but it's been about 2 months since I brewed last.

I am on track for about two brews a month so far. But I have been sick and not drinking/brewing for almost the last month. Finally got everybody in the house well again and did a Hobgoblin clone yesterday, it's out in the garage bubbling away. I started in December of 2006 and brewed my limit in 2007 (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more). So I hope to at least achieve that again this year.

Not freaking often enough since I've switched over to a two tap kegerator. It seems the friends are coming out of the woodwork now. I should be brewing at least every two weeks to keep up with their/my demand, but it's hard to find the time with extensive reno's underway.

The plus side is that I just helped my father in law and my cousin order the equipment to build their own kegerators, so I won't be the only supplier in our one block radius. :)

I love homebrewing.

Back