How often do you brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you fire up the Banjo?

• SWMBO doesn't even let me do it once a month

• Oh, about once a month. I do have a life, you know

• Hmm, seems like about 2 times per month. Lawn can handle bein' mowed the other two.

• Wow, I'd say prolly about 3 times per month. I do have to bathe once in a while!

• Sheeeit, gotta be at LEAST 4 times or MORE! Beats drinkin' & drivin'!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bruscar

Eat, drink, repeat
Reaction score
With the "Is there such a thing as too much" & "I've got beer until 2009" type threads going around lately, it got me curious: How often do you brew? Me, obviously not enough!:(

16 5gal batches since last January when I started. I try to make sure I get a batch done every month and then I added a few because I had to opportunity or to supply a party. If I could step it up to 2 a month I think I could keep my stock flowing and I could give away what I want.
Craig

I would definately agree with not enough. On the same note though, I only have bottles for about 2 batches at any given time. Once I start kegging, I'd like to brew about once a month. I'd like to have 3-4 taps supplied at any time.

While the big beer stockpiles look cool, I really don't have a need for that much beer on hand. If I ever start meeting more local brewers and beer lovers that could change.

I bounce between 1-2 times per month. When I was brewing extract, I would brew probably once a week. This is why I need to start double batches...

The one on the right, I fire up twice a month, give or take. The one on the left, 2 or 3 times a week. :D

stuff004.jpg

For my own consumption I brew once a month. Sometimes more if I'm doing something that needs extended aging. I do brew more often than that because I like to brew for my friends, but since I don't keep the beer I don't really count it (ok, I keep a 6er :D).

I made a calculated decision three weeks ago to buy a new regulator and a Barley Crusher and not brew for 3 weeks. The Barley Crusher is at my home doorstep right this moment and my LHBS has a sack of Maris Otter waiting for me so I'm back to my normal schedule:

Once per week. :) Though, I may break that and "make up" by doing three batches this weekend.

One brew every 3 or 4 weeks. I did 14 batches in 2007.

In 2008, I'd like to do at least 20 batches.

I just did the math and the 37 I did in 9 months last year puts me at 4 per month. :drunk:

I always did two batches on a brewday though... sometimes 3. So I never had more than 2 'brewdays' a month. Not that it makes it any better. :D

Lately, it has been 3-4 times a month, but I have been dealing with weddings and what not. Once things quiet down, the wife would prefer that I not brew more than once a month, but, given the size of her family (11 kids in her family), our network of friends, etc., there is always something going on, a birthday, a wedding, a baby, etc., to justify doing some "special" brewing. I just need to get the brewery finished in the basement, so that she does not have to see the stuff in the kitchen, and that will help.

about 3 times a month. generally every two weeks, but the occasional random batch and stuff for parties takes it up to 3.

now that i know i can do all-grain in my pad on my stove by using two pots, i'm going to work on a nice, light house ale to keep on tap at all times :)

Depends on the time of year. Warmer and more light in the summer so I'll brew more. In the winter my stockpiles dwindle. I *need* to brew about once a month (10 gallons) to keep up with consumption, but I'd prefer to stay ahead so I won't get burned by a bad batch. Have yet to get ahead.

For me it depends on the time of year. In the colder months, I brew more. At one point last year it was at least 3, sometimes 4 a month...depending. During the hot months it tapers off and I can go months, depending on how much gets consumed. I don't have people over to drink, but I do give away quite a bit. I am down low, but two batches need to be bottled and conditioned, as well as 2 remaining batches of cider from this fall's pressing. And it also depends on if I get caught up on some other venture (like last night I was up almost to midnight mixing, packing and setting up salami to incubate, or last week 'harvesting' a duck, etc)

I brew in waves... come winter time I pound out 50 gallons worth and it holds me through the hot months. There's 22 gallons currently going... another 5 batches away!

I brew an average of 3 times a month with a few of those being double batches so I clicked 4+

I usually brew for myself about once/month - I just don't drink enough to warrant more than that, and I give away a good bit of my beer as it is. Lately I've been able to brew more often, but I've been helping others (which I really enjoy).

I just kinda freaked, bottle stock is getting low, 1 keg empty and refilled, another keg almost gone. I think I'm brewing tonight.

I definitely brew more in the winter months - 3 times a month. My basement is cooler and better able to do lagers. During summer maybe once a month, as SWMBO's "to do" list is longer in the summer months.

Back