how much to sell equipment for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runyanka

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my brew house and have been approached about selling my previous stuff. Its a guy I know through our wifes. I have a 20 gallon aluminum pot with ss ballvalve, like new. A 10 gallon aluminum pot. A 10 gallon round cooler with false bottom andthe valve. And a 50' 3/8" diameter immersion chiller. Also a bayou classic sq-14 burner.

Depending on the item, 40-60% of new price.

In this case, I'd probably look up what you could buy these for, slap a 50% of new price on the package if you think he wont dicker, 60% if you think he will. Be prepared to go down to 40%...

Then again, I only tend to buy used when it's a screaming deal and I tend to sell stuff at a good price too because I hate lookieloos....

I was thinking $300 for the whole setup, but I don't know if that's a deal or not?
-20 gallon aluminum brewpot w/ ballvalve
-10 gallon aluminum brewpot
-10 gallon round cooler MLT w/ stainless steel false bottom and valve
-SQ-14 burner w/ wooden platform (so it is elevated enough to go into carboys)
-50' long immersion chiller made with 3/8" ID copper
-Corona grain mill with housing built around it on a bucket.

I'll give you $299.99 if you pick up the shipping costs to Rhode Island.;)

How well to you know this guy? Would he lend you some of it if you had a need for it? That may figure into the price if you want to give him a better deal.

sounds like a good deal to me, I would probably try to haggle you down to 250 but that's just because I like to keep as much of my money as I can. 300 is a solid price that even if I couldn't bring you down on I would be happy to pay for that capacity size.

Thanks all, he came over and looked at the equipment tonight. He is an all extract brewer, and is hesitant to dump $300 on all grain equipment. He said he would "think about it". Ill give him till Tuesday, as I am not in a rush to sell. I can't unwrap my new stuff until Christmas day ;)

Back