How much should I charge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Much Should I charge

• Total voters

MSUCatBrewer

Reaction score
Hi brew experts,

I am preparing to move across the country and will not be moving my brew kit with me; it was meticulously put together with love over 2 years of home brewing fun...but then I found out for medical reasons I can no longer drink beer...huge bummer.

Anyway, I've posted several photos, but a summary:

• 10 Gal stainless steel brew kettle
  • Large mash tun with custom hardware (holds temp to within 1 degree
  • Hot water tun with custom hardware (holds temp to within 1 degree)
  • Extra orange cooler that I use for grain storage
  • Barley Crusher power-drill ready grain processer with drill
  • Burner with propane tank
  • Chef Alarm digital probe thermometer for mashing
  • Pro Needle pocket digital thermometer for quick temping
  • Spice grinder
  • Refractometer
  • Wort Cooler
  • Carboy
  • Ale Pale
  • Standard brew things (funnel, mash/boil stir stick, yeast beaker, etc. etc. etc.
I figure I spent around $700; I'm not looking to break even...but I'd like a few bucks. The equipment was probably only used for 10 batches.
Anyway, I'd love some feedback. Thanks!

• IMG_2968.JPG
    IMG_2970.JPG
    IMG_2971.JPG
    IMG_2972.JPG
    IMG_2973.JPG
    IMG_2974.JPG

I'd probably ask about $400, but realize that value is in the kettles, the barley crusher and chillers- the rest is 'stuff' that may or may not have any value to others.

Hmm I cleaned out my garage today and have similar gear from my generation 1 kit. Chimed in because I'm interested in responses to your question OP. Sorry to hear about the health issues good luck with the move/

:off:Can always keep it and start making really amazing non-alcoholic beer...biermuncher has a sticky on how to do that
Yeah, try that out before leaving brewing behind completely. I'm really sorry hear about your health issues, I hope you get a handle on it and get well soon.

Back