How much OxyClean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found that 1/2 scoop worked great for my 5gal BB. That is what I read on an earlier search.

i also was wondering how much to add to say 10 gallons of water for removing labels off of bottles.

I had really good success for removing labels using about 1/2 scoop in a bucket with warm water. Loaded it up with about a case of bottles, let soak for a couple of hours, and the labels just slip off. All you really have to worry about after that is the goo left over from the glue, but that cleans right off with a sponge.

Err on the side of caution with Oxiclean. A little really goes a long way - that's strong stuff! I'd say that the above recommendations of 1/2 scoop for 5 gallons are about right.

brewerdad said:
All you really have to worry about after that is the goo left over from the glue, but that cleans right off with a sponge.

I've found that if you drop them back in the oxy for another hour (after pealing the labels), the glue will come off with just a rinse.

Back