How much O2 do I put in my wort before adding yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinydancer

Reaction score
I picked up a bottle of O2 from the local gas supply company. If I use it to put O2 into the wort, how much is enough? Do I add for a certain amount of time, or is there just an art to it? Any thoughts?

Are you using a diffusion stone or are you planning on just dropping a tube in there and pumping O2 through the wort. I usually let mine go for a few minutes with a stone, you want as much O2 in the wort as possible. Any O2 not used will be forced out of suspention and eventually forced out of your carboy. While it is possible to over oxygenate your wort, it is very very difficult on the home brew level with the small O2 cansiters they sell at home depot.

I forgot, if you find a place that sells the liquid oxygen drops those things are amazing, you only have to put 3 drops from the eyedropper into your wort and shake it up it oxygenates almost perfectly every time.

I forgot, if you find a place that sells the liquid oxygen drops those things are amazing, you only have to put 3 drops from the eyedropper into your wort and shake it up it oxygenates almost perfectly every time.

I'm assuming you don't mean actual liquid oxygen, so what are these "liquid oxygen drops"?

yea I mean actual liquid oxygen, there is a home brew store on jupiter that sells it, they apparently can walk around and just scoop up liquid oxygen from pools in their medium, I am sure it is quite abundant on any planet with a gravitational pull more than 300 times what you experience on earth.

yea I mean actual liquid oxygen, there is a home brew store on jupiter that sells it, they apparently can walk around and just scoop up liquid oxygen from pools in their medium, I am sure it is quite abundant on any planet with a gravitational pull more than 300 times what you experience on earth.

Awesome!

:mug:

LOL Thats just funny

Back